This job is no longer accepting applications.
BIG is a group of 500+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining - to affordable housing that feels everything but and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates - a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG School offers in-house lessons while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, to give form to our future one project at a time.
The Operations Coordinator will report to the Managing Director (but may receive direction from multiple Operations manager) and perform a number of tasks in support of the operations of the office. This is a new role at BIG and therefore it is expected to change over time as initial focus areas mature and new challenges present themselves. The following is a general overview of how the role will look at first:
What will you do:
- Support various Operations departments in fulfilling ad hoc tasks as needed
- Calendar management, daily preparation, and scheduling of internal & external meetings
- Coordinate and prepare material (agenda/minutes) for internal operations team weekly status meetings
- Ensure project information is input accurately in CMAP (BIG’s project controlling platform) and updated to reflect proposed and agreed-upon fees
- Assist with drafting and filing proposals, staffing plans, schedules and other various project set up related tasks
- Keep updated overview of all ongoing tasks and associated due dates
- Coordinate with ongoing cross-department projects
- Develop and maintain tools (for better organization, file manage, workflows, and processes) for office-wide use, ensuring up to date material is relevant and accessible to the entire office via BIG Net (BIG’s internal network)
We seek a person who:
- has 2 – 4 years of full-time professional experience (ideally in professional services, e.g. design, architecture, or engineering, but not required)
- has strong administrative, proofreading, and document production skills; is adept in MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat (Adobe Creative Cloud and Bluebeam Revu are a plus, but not required)
- is organized, structured, and both big-picture savvy and detail-oriented
- is proactive and completes tasks with a sense of urgency, capable of multi-tasking responsibilities that often vary in scale and scope
- feels that no administrative task is too little or too great
- has effective time management skills and is able to follow up in a timely manner
- has excellent interpersonal skills as well as clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- can work both independently and with specific task-oriented guidance, as well as collaborate in a team environment
- has persistence, is confident with decision making, and is comfortable with fast-paced decisions and rapidly changing environments
Other important considerations:
- Strict confidentiality is required
- Flexible work hours, however, after-hour responses may be critical and therefore expected from time to time
- Participation in some meetings required, however, normal participation is not expected
- Travel is not expected
At BIG, we value and encourage the following qualities:
- Be proactive – take initiative, do research and don’t be afraid to try new things; prevent issues rather than just fix them
- Be reliable – be someone leadership can trust to deliver on any task
- Be accountable – from the big picture to the day to day, from production and team morale to liaising with Ops, own the decisions you make
- Be consistent – prove you can do it, and then do it again and again
- Be tenacious – be committed, show up, contribute with passion, do your best, get stuff done and don’t give up
- Be independent – don’t be afraid to ask questions but be able to take a task or project and run with it
- Be clever – be smart, know your stuff, think critically, keep the big picture in mind, figure things out and look up new knowledge, stay updated and be curious
- Be nice – be a team player and a good colleague, be honest, respect your colleagues, don’t take yourself too seriously and have fun!
- Be generous – share your knowledge and skills with other BIGsters and mentor others when you can
Please submit only your CV/resume and cover letter, no portfolio is required as this is an admin role.
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.