This job is no longer accepting applications.
Trahan Architects is a global architecture firm rooted in New Orleans. The firm is ranked as the #1 design firm in the U.S. for 2019 by Architect Magazine, the official publication of the American Institute of Architects. Our practice is founded on the belief that the mindful design of everyday spaces can elevate human experience and promote peaceful co-existence. As architects, we have a responsibility to fulfill the aspirations of our clients, and to consider the potential impact of our designs on our natural and social environments.
What We Are Offering:
- “Summer Intern Architect” position with 0-1 years of experience to join our design staff in our New Orleans office.
- Duration of (3 months) and/or co-op programs which allow for (6 months)
What We Are Looking For:
- A candidate working towards the completion of a B.S., B.ARCH or M.ARCH architectural degree
- Full-time summer intern with zero to three years of design and execution experience
- Responsible for technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
- Strong ability to develop and articulate design concepts in a collaborative environment
- Experience in decision making on design problems and methods
- Experience in executing tasks requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Autocad, Parametric Modeling [Grasshopper], VRay, Enscape or 3DS Max preferred.
- Experience with traditional physical modeling and contemporary modeling tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters is preferred.
- Good interpersonal communications capabilities as well as a highly motivated work ethic
- Strong, positive references
- In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
What’s In It For You:
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Opportunities for exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-looking
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and academic portfolio through the www.trahanarchitects.com job posting in the people section. Portfolio should include examples of design work and indicate your role and responsibilities on each project. Applications not in this format will not be considered. Please no drop-off submissions or phone calls.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Architecture is about people