This job is no longer accepting applications.
Krueck Sexton Partners is seeking an experienced Technical Coordinator to work directly with the firm’s Principals, Project Leaders, and Architects to reconcile the goals and priorities of the firm with those of the client, while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
The Technical Coordinator has experience with large-scale, programmatically complex projects and provides support across multiple projects, acting as a resource to all teams. They will proactively engage with project teams from conceptual design through completion of construction administration, assuring that teams make technical decisions in a timely manner and that these decisions get properly communicated through our documents.
This person will have a significant firm-wide impact that improves the overall documentation process and information sharing across all projects. The Technical Coordinator is a key member of the leadership team tasked to maintain Krueck Sexton Partner’s role as a leading architectural practice operating on a regional and national platform.
- Monitor the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistently expressed and properly executed.
- The Technical Coordinator may work on specific projects for a period of time but will be primarily focused upon adding value across the firms’ diverse portfolio.
- Perform product research and assist in writing specifications.
- Check completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
- Monitor design and construction progress against the project parameters and obligations.
- Address Operations and Maintenance issues in the design.
- Review design documents for compliance with Owner’s A&E Requirements, guidelines and standards.
- Work with BIM Coordinator to compile and maintain project records for future reference. Develop and maintain detail libraries.
- Review and monitor projects to ensure RFIs, submittals, and field changes are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in compiling the bid packages, bid review and award recommendation of work authorization packages/GMP.
- Attend pre-bid conferences, bid openings, pre-construction, safety, and construction progress meetings.
- Set and maintain QA/QC processes as they relate to specific client requirements
- Support Project Leader/Architect in the project close-out and warranty requirements.
- Maintain awareness of current innovations in practice as they relate to the responsibilities listed above and actively participate in organizations such as Building Envelope Council, Construction Specifications Institute Chicago Chapter, and other related industry organizations.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience including design or management of projects required.
- Working knowledge of CAD and BIM programs as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and meet goals.
Krueck Sexton Partners was founded in Chicago in 1981 and is grounded in the pragmatism and clarity of the city’s architectural heritage. KSP seeks to realize every project’s hidden potential. We leverage its competing elements and constraints creating opportunities to increase impact and value. We bring to every project both curiosity and a breadth of insight from across an intentionally diverse body of work and are committed to using design to address some of the greatest challenges of our day.
We are dedicated to realizing architecture that embraces creativity and innovation and are pursuing a diverse group of the most talented and passionate individuals to become a member of our team. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with an individual’s experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. Krueck Sexton Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.