Director of Information Technology
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Krueck Sexton Partners is seeking an experienced, skilled information technology candidate to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting network databases and systems, updating system hardware and software, troubleshooting for system errors, and assisting team members in supporting all data security and optimization. The Director of IT provides hardware and telephony support, software and application support, system administration, data integrity and infrastructure management. An extensive background in technology and computer science, with experience in maintaining and installing IT systems, is a must.
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, and email security.
- Perform data backups to ensure all company-owned work is saved.
- Install and update network system improvements.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Monitor servers, LAN/WAN, and Wi-Fi to ensure full coverage.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and support of new software and features.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software and hardware.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Provide continuous technical support either by phone, remote access, or site visits.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Consult with vendors and clients to integrate and update company technology.
- Ensure system optimization for all technology resources.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field preferred
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (eg CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an information technology role
- Experience working with network and server management support
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, hardware, and upgrades
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and ability to meet goals.
Krueck Sexton Partners was founded in Chicago in 1981 and is grounded in the pragmatism and clarity of the city’s architectural heritage. KSP seeks to realize every project’s hidden potential. We leverage its competing elements and constraints creating opportunities to increase impact and value. We bring to every project both curiosity and a breadth of insight from across an intentionally diverse body of work and are committed to using design to address some of the greatest challenges of our day.
We are dedicated to realizing architecture that embraces creativity and innovation and are pursuing a diverse group of the most talented and passionate individuals to become a member of our team. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with an individual’s experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. Krueck Sexton Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.