This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under the supervision of the Team Lead, the Architectural Technologist must prepare plans and specifications in compliance with applicable laws, standards, and the relevant Building Code. He or she must have a good knowledge of building systems, materials, and details. The Intermediate or Senior Architectural Technologist will be called upon to assist junior members of the team by answering technical questions.
- Conduct inspections and surveys to determine site conditions.
- Prepare plans and technical details of construction.
- Write reports and official documents.
- Check laws, standards, and codes.
- Provide cost estimates.
- Communicate with the Client and various stakeholders and attend meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the Project Manager.
- Provide technical support to the less experienced members of the team.
- May be called to do project management, depending on the circumstances.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken.
- College or university diploma in architecture.
- Minimum of 2 years of architectural experience.
- Control of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Suite.
- Control of the various relevant codes and regulations (QBC, OBC, NBC, municipal by-laws).
- Membership from a professional order (OTPQ, OAQ, OAA) or any other certification is an asset.
- A driving license (Class 5) and/or any other license is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, prioritize customer service and enjoy teamwork.
- Be enthusiastic, organized, autonomous, versatile, and proactive.
- Demonstrate pedagogy and patience.
- Experience in project management an asset, including coordination of various disciplines.
- Experience in project administration an asset, including estimation, opening of file, procurement, and construction contract administration.
Rossmann Architecture is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at careers (at) rossmanarchitecture (dot) ca.
Your application has been successfully submitted.