Building Science Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Olson Kundig is a Seattle-based design practice founded on the idea that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture, and people, and that inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on people’s lives. Led by five owners, the firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide-ranging as huts to high rises, homes—often for art collectors—to academic, hospitality, cultural, and civic projects, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative production, urban design, and interior design
Currently, we are seeking a talented individual for the role of Building Science Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will help lead building envelope strategies within the firm and help mentor the development of Architects by acting as an experienced advisor during all phases of projects. Above all, this position continues the firm’s culture of collaborating to create successful award-winning and high-profile projects. The firm’s diverse project profile includes Custom Residential, Multi-Family Housing, Commercial, Museums, Cultural spaces, and Hospitality.
- Act as a technical resource to staff in all phases of a project. Help teams develop and coordinate building envelop strategies including technical details and assemblies.
- Perform thorough quality control reviews with other QC reviewers ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality of documentation through all phases of design.
- Help develop office Quality Assurance processes as it pertains to building envelopes.
- Monitor the use of new materials and construction methods to ensure evolving practices are thoroughly vetted prior to implementation and incorporate into specifications.
- Help maintain relevant code and technical resources including consultant relationships.
- Experience as a Building Science consultant or similar role in an Architectural firm.
- Experience in a wide range of architectural project types
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Task-driven and focused with high attention to detail
- Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues and firm objectives
- Strong communication and people skills
In addition to a dynamic and creative culture, Olson Kundig provides a generous benefits package that includes 16 days of paid time off, paid holidays, health plan, 401k match, bonuses, profit-sharing plans for qualified positions, a monthly travel subsidy for public transportation, and more.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.