We are looking for a motivated and talented designer and project architect to join our team and grow within our practice. You will have an opportunity to lead projects individually or with a team, from start to finish. Applicants shall have 8+ years of experience in similar project types, large and small.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect in at least one state (MT, ID, WY) , or NCARB
- Current technical skills in ArchiCAD, Sketchup, rendering software, Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Office Products, MAC platform
- High performance construction in either Passive House Methodology or cold climates
- Sustainable design and construction generally
- Alternative natural material-based assemblies
- All aspects of producing and coordinating design phase and bid documents
- Construction administration
- Current building codes
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong communication abilities; a good listener
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Effective collaboration with other team members and owners
- Ability to effectively engage with public entities/agencies as owners/clients
- Ability to quickly communicate an idea with pen and paper
- Ability to quickly communicate a concept with computer modeling tools
- Passion for sustainable design and healthy materials
- Enjoys traveling and exploring, discovery
Bonus skills and qualities
- Passive House Professional Accreditation (CPHD, CPHC, CPHT)
- Knowledge or experience with Life Cycle Analysis
- Graphics/marketing skills
- Community engagement
- Registered architect in additional states
Compensation, Benefits and Work Conditions
- Full-time employment at competitive hourly rate. Compensation will be based on experience and will be increased at designated intervals, depending upon performance.
- Flexible work hours within the telecommuting/remote studio business model where primary portion of work is completed in one office while supporting operations in the region.
- The appropriate combination of desktop and/or lap top equipment will be supplied as well as licensure to the company’s software platform(s).
- Monthly wellness benefit.
- Monthly cell phone stipend.
- Competitive PTO.
- Unlimited (if reasonable and adequately planned for within company workload) un-paid time off.
- Unpaid sabbaticals with guaranteed re-employment may be allowed under certain conditions.
- Reimbursement for continuing education and AIA membership dues
To apply please e-mail a cover letter, resume and graphic exhibits of recent, relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.