Architect/Designer Position: Frederick + Frederick Architects
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join our design team. The ideal candidate is interested in integrating sustainability into single family homes in a hot and humid climate.
Frederick + Frederick is a small and collaborative firm of 5 people dedicated to sustainability, technology and professional development. F+F supports the AIA’s 2030 Commitment. All projects are drawn in Revit and we use virtual reality to explain design ideas to our clients.
We focus on producing high quality, beautifully designed and smoothly delivered projects while maintaining a strong work life balance and a great culture that is supportive of growth in all our employees. We rarely work more than 40 hours a week and always stop early on Fridays for a bit of fun. AIA membership and community engagement are both encouraged.
Responsibilities include project research, 3D modeling, visualization, feasibility studies, and the development of project drafting and documentation in SD, DD, CD, and CA phases. Familiarity with building codes, building systems, construction detailing, and a willingness to learn will lead to success in this position.
In the first three months you can expect to:
- Develop familiarity with the firm’s design and documentation standards, software, systems, and processes
- Collaborate on projects with all members of the firm
- Meet with firm leaders to discuss your professional interests, skills, and goals
- Assist in design and documentation for projects on the boards
Over time you will have opportunities to:
- Receive mentoring and participate in peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
- Collaborate on design teams to deliver creative, sustainable, and impactful projects
- Engage in professional development and training that lead towards licensure or project leadership opportunities
- Contribute energy, ideas, and expertise that help the firm grow and evolve
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience in architecture or design. Some practical experience with single family residential design and interiors is preferred.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Basic technical knowledge of different construction types, building systems and building codes, including wood-framed residential construction
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and maintain progress in several areas simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and able to produce accurate, succinct, and complete work
- Proficiency in Revit
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills. Excellent professional email communication skills.
- Licensure not required but progress on this path is appreciated
- Authorization to work in the United States
This is a full-time, in-office position. A base salary of $58,000 - $70,000 will be offered commensurate with the candidate's experience. Benefits include employer paid health insurance for employee and family, $2,000 contribution to Health Savings Account, AIA membership and participation at two conferences, reimbursement for passing licensure exams, NCARB dues and state licensing fee.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sustainability is our passion!