Healthcare Architect/Project Architect
Moody Nolan is a nationally recognized architectural firm serving public and private clients for nearly 40 years. We are expanding our network of creative experts across 12 locations nationwide. As the largest African American owned and managed firm in the country, we maintain a strong commitment to diversity in our staff, as well as our approach to solving client problems. Our expertise in a broad range of industries allows us to think inventively and design solutions that are responsive to client needs.
If you have a passion for great design and are searching for a fun, collaborative environment with diverse resources, we would love to hear from you.
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with consultants (structural, MEP, lighting, AV, acoustical, accessibility, building envelope, life safety, etc.)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with team to produce innovative technical/constructable solutions
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Responsible for oversight and delivery of documents with design intent and top-notch technical quality
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Managing client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination
- Bachelor's Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Architecture, or related field (required)
- Master's Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Architecture, or related field (preferred)
- Licensed Architect with 5 to 10 plus years’ professional experience in Architecture
- Experience in managing multiple project types
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other 3D modeling software
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Excellent written + verbal communication and client relationship management skills
Why Moody Nolan?
Moody Nolan is a diverse workplace, founded on the principles of equity and inclusion. We believe the best designs come from divergent perspectives working together toward a common goal. We pursue design excellence and use architecture as a catalyst to uplift and empower communities.
With 12 offices nationwide, we champion one another to achieve career aspirations while balancing the demands of life. We’re always looking for new talent to join us in creating the future of design.
What we do
We practice responsive architecture and responsible citizenship— designing solutions unique to our clients, community and the environment. We listen intently and analyze creatively to design spaces that reflect the culture of our clients and the communities they serve. As responsible citizens, we design spaces that prioritize human health and protect the Earth’s ecosystems.
We believe in leading by example— its why our firm is diverse by design. As the largest African American owned firm, equity and inclusion shape our firm culture and guide our design decisions. We challenge the status quo to create equitable design solutions that address systemic racism and inspire positive social change.
What we offer
Our employee benefits support you for the long term—from continuing education to retirement planning—we’re here to help you succeed.
Paid Vacation and Wellness Time
9 paid Holidays
Parental & Related Leaves of Absence
Medical, Dental, and Vision
401K Retirement Plan
Accident and Critical Illness Programs
Section 125 Premium Program
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
Certification and Licensure Credit
Career Mentoring and Advancement
Transit and Parking Allowance
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to meet you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See our fireside chat with Dawne David-Pierre, AIA and Latoya Nelson Kamdang, AIA here:
Your application has been successfully submitted.
2021 AIA National Architecture Firm Award recipient