Senior Interior Project Manager
Olson Kundig is a Seattle-based design practice founded on the idea that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture, and people. Inspiring surroundings positively affect people’s lives. Led by five owners, the firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide-ranging as huts to high rises, homes—often for art collectors—to academic, cultural, and civic projects, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative production, urban design, and interior design.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Interior Architect/Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years of post-bachelors degree professional experience in interior design.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of post-bachelors degree professional experience.
- Areas of expertise - Residential, Mixed-Use and OR Hospitality (Luxury OR High-end)
- With a focus on Interior Architecture, the ability to translate Brand vision into project and location‐specific designs.
- Broad experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post occupancy experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple project teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate design vision to Firm Leadership and Client(s)
- Ability to work nimbly across multiple scope areas in parallel or phased schedules, or on multiple projects
- Ability to work within a defined construction budget
- Technical proficiency:
- Smartsheets and/or Primavera
- InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Spec Software (i.e. Designer Pages, Spec Source, Spexx)
- Working knowledge of Rhino and/or Sketchup
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Under the direction of Partners, Principals and/or Directors, develop concept narratives and imagery to convey the visual character of the project
- Lead design development of finish palettes, fixtures, hardware, and architectural drawings
- Support Architectural Design Team to develop and execute appropriate interior architectural designs for the project, that cohesively tie to base building architecture and FF&E
- Actively participate in design discourse and critiques with the team.
- Lead development of design presentations to Principals, Partners, and Client, including overall content and graphics.
- Actively manage project-specific staffing and workplans to ensure project profitability and timely delivery of the contractually required documents for the scope.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and responses to RFPs
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with Interior Architectural Project Architect and Designer, to manage the development of deliverables at contract milestones, including:
- Furnishing design, specifications, and custom drawings
- Architectural finish, fixture, equipment, architectural drawings, and hardware specifications
- (QC) Schedule and conduct progress redline reviews of interior architectural drawing, specifications + furnishing specs, and custom drawings.
- Manage design budget w/ Owner’s Rep and Design and construction Team (reselect or modify furnishing designs as required)
- Manage interiors VE process (Directly engage with Owner’s subs and vendors to provide VE alternatives to meet project construction budget, as required)
- Review the Basis of Design Intent information for Custom specifications
- Facilitate control sample distribution among defined OAC group
- Work directly with Owner and/ or Architects’ vendors to develop custom samples to match OK design intent
Mentor & Direct Staff Designers:
- Best Practices (Spec content, furnishing drawing content + formatting; communication with Vendors, copyright infringement)
- Customized designs: Appropriate instances and process for effective design, procurement, and budget management
- Custom furniture detailing
- Procurement process, sequencing
Pls note: Our recruiting system limits portfolios up to 9MB. If you try several times and the system does not send you a confirmation email, your resume and portfolio is not entered in our system
What can you expect from us?
- A creative work environment and colleagues who are collaborative, creative, and challenging
- Opportunity to grow professionally with excellent projects
- Check our culture page to learn about life at Olson Kundig
In addition to an engaging work environment, Olson Kundig provides a generous benefits package that includes 16 days of paid time off, paid holidays, health plan, 401k match, bonus, profit-sharing plans for qualified positions, a monthly travel subsidy for public transportation, and more
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.