This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dattner Architects is an award winning architecture firm based in New York City. We have a passion for the city, and for designing socially impactful spaces. We maintain a vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
We are currently searching for an Accounting Manager to join our practice. The selected candidate will play an integral role in our growing Accounting Department, reporting directly to the Controller. We are looking for a thoughtful, effective, responsive professional who can juggle competing demands simultaneously and ensure that accounting supports business success.
- Prepare monthly invoices on assigned projects, including agency projects with complicated formats
- Assist with Account Receivable by tracking client receipts/over-payments/short payments on projects invoiced
- Set-up billing terms and budgets on assigned projects.
- Prepare Cash Receipts after check deposit and update Cash Receipts worksheet
- Enter consultant invoices and distribute consultant payment after Cash Receipts are posted
- Coordinate with PIC/PM on billing requests and consultant fee reviews
- Enter Project Budget Worksheet in Deltek and follow up with fee update
- Report end of month AR, Cash receipts and Invoice projection vs. Actual invoice
- Review and answer questions on the monthly project progress reports with PIC/PM in relation to assigned projects.
- Prepare all necessary Deltek reports as requested by principals & PM
- Prepare and update invoice projection on quarterly basis.
- Assist with Deltek system maintenance
- Second person in charge in absence of Controller
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of applicable experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written; and ability to work effectively in person and in a remote work environment
- An ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office Suite of programs
- Notary Public preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States
About Dattner Architects
Dattner Architects foundation is civic architecture. We have a passion for the city and for designing inspired, socially impactful spaces. This defines our work and has led to numerous awards. Our practice is organized around three studios, each of which focuses on a specific typology: housing; education, cultural and healthcare; infrastructure and transportation. With over 100 people in our Manhattan office, we maintain a vibrant working environment. Learning and professional growth are nurtured through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly host continuing education seminars, “happy hour” presentations, and employee art exhibits. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
To apply, please upload your cover letter and resume.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Portfolios should include examples of personal/academic and professional work and be limited to 10 MB.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm culture and employment practices: Careers at Dattner
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Dattner Architects is a mission-driven firm. We transform environments and strengthen communities through engaged collaboration, thoughtful programmin...