This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Design Researcher is responsible for supporting the Research & Strategy team with several research-related tasks, including, protocol development, recruiting, data collection, field work, interviews, literature reviews, data analysis, market/competitive analysis, and presentation preparation. The position demands experience and knowledge of research methods as well as a willingness to learn new techniques.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, and engineers
- Contribute to product design through rigorous human-centered exploration and analysis
- Perform literature reviews using research journals and existing relevant information sources
- Participate in defining answerable research questions and developing study protocols
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods leading to actionable insight
- Collect, analyze, visualize, and prepare research findings for presentation to various audiences
- Comfortable working on digital and physical research initiatives
Who We’re Looking For
You are insatiably curious, and your working motto is “Knowledge is power.” You love the prospect of gathering relevant data and organizing it in such a way that it informs the creative process and helps bring about innovative solutions to complex problems. At TEAGUE, the Research team serves as a crucial link, doing rigorous exploration and analysis and then communicating that to designers. On any typical day, you may find yourself working to define answerable research questions and developing protocols; using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to come up with actionable insight; and collecting, analyzing, and preparing research findings to present to various audiences. You’re not only a stellar researcher, but a solution-oriented type who’s equally capable of fruitful collaboration and working effectively on your own. You don’t shy away from ambiguity—indeed, you relish it as an opportunity to think critically and creatively. If the idea of contributing your talents to a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, and strategists helping to build a brighter future appeals to you—and you’ve got the kind of sensationally organized mind we need—we’d like to hear what you’ve got to say.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for the use of human-centered research in the creative process
- Comfortable in all aspect of research; from protocol design and data collection, to analysis and presentation
- Ability to translate findings into actionable feedback
- Capable of making design recommendations that balance user experience, stakeholder needs, and business strategy
- Comfortable working independently or with a team
- Strong organizational skills, methodical approach to research, but also comfortable with ambiguity
What We Just Said, Now in 6 Bullet Points (a.k.a. Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors, Psychology, User Experience Research, Design Strategy, Human Computer Interaction, Social Sciences, or equivalent field; Master’s Degree preferred; 1+ years of experience conducting research or relevant course work
- Special skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Illustrator, or other data visualization programs
- Bonus Skills: Background in business strategy, interaction design, technology focused research projects, programming skills, and prototype research techniques, undergraduate in industrial design, knowledge of statistical programs (e.g., SPSS), strong writing skills.
- Passion: Using research to inform the creative process to provide better experiences
- Role: Gathering information and synthesizing it in order to create better solutions
- Personality: Organized, focused, collaborative, disciplined, curious, strategic, comfortable engaging with research participants.
TEAGUE is currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a Washington State based company. All employees must reside in the state of Washington and be able to access one of our studio locations in the greater Seattle area when we return to work in our hybrid/remote work approach
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package offered including 4 weeks paid time off and up to 10 paid holidays throughout the fiscal year.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We search the globe to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds and value unique perspectives and experiences.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.