Director of Building Systems / Science
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Director of Building Systems will lead the ongoing development and coordination of a systemized building platform that can be adapted to accommodate a wide variety of building designs. The right candidate will oversee the development of our mass timber structural system, mass timber envelope panel system, as well as integrated mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Further, the role will integrate the building systems with our manufacturing and software development teams as well as the architecture and product development teams. As one of the core roles in our company, the right candidate will have a wide range of experiences from building science and engineering. The Director of Building Systems will provide leadership and vision for one of the world’s first fully integrated and parametric building systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of industry-disrupting solutions for integrated and adaptable building systems
- Oversee and develop the integration between mass timber structural systems, façade systems, and MEP systems
- Collaborate with other leaders in the company to coordinate between disciplines
- Collaborate and integrate with building partners, suppliers and external engineering consultants
- Integrate the building systems development with other teams and related topics, ranging from manufacturing technology, software development, and on-site construction
- Lead a team with diverse backgrounds from architecture, engineering, and product development
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Building Technology, Architecture, or related fields
- 7+ years of experience in architecture, prefabrication, or construction
- Experience with project coordination, supply chains, construction firms and trades
- Experience with Autodesk’s Revit Architecture and McNeel’s Rhinoceros
- An excellent communicator who seeks first to understand, then to be understood
- Data-focused with an incredible attention to detail
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and high performance that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Master’s degree in Architecture or related fields
- Proven coordination process experience including working with consultants using multiple software platforms
- Workflow knowledge in associated Autodesk products such as Construction Cloud or Navisworks
- Experience with computational architectural design processes and digital manufacturing processes
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Paradigm Shift in Urban Housing and Construction - Empowering People to Live Better