This job is no longer accepting applications.
Level is a full-service architecture & interior design firm offering thoughtful, client-focused design services. Our diverse professional backgrounds allow us to provide a variety of services to our clients from Pre-Design to Post-Construction; overseeing projects from an initial idea to reality. We offer creative solutions to serve any scale project in both the Private and Public sectors, from small commercial renovations and tenant build-outs to large-scale institutional projects.
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with the project manager(s) and leadership within Level, to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and communication with different stakeholders to increase collaboration between Level and external design teams. When applicable, projects involving local, state, and federal agencies will have additional requirements involving project start up and close out documentation. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, have an eye for detail, and be personable as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all projects are well coordinated and meet high quality standards, as well as to consistently develop internal processes to maintain an effective workflow for projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Internal Process Management
- Develop internal processes to aid in communication between Concept divisions, and maintain standards that implement these. Level is the priority, but we do work with the other divisions
- Assists Director of Architecture and Director of Interior Design with new proposal coordination and developing scope of work
- Prepares monthly reporting to include project cost reports and pay applications, tracking of invoicing and any other financial accounting practice. Works with Concept accounting department to ensure alignment of invoicing
- Assists Level with contracts for subconsultants (MEP, civil and structural engineering)
- Actively seeks new strategies to improve efficiency of internal processes
- Administration of internal and external paperwork, applications, and scheduling
- Review to find areas of improvement, and implement approved measures
- Review timesheets and ensure all team members are inputting time on a weekly basis
- This position shall work with the Director of Architecture and Director of Interior Design, to maintain an updated project archive for new business development presentations and RFP submittals
- The main focus is the coordination of project team activities, with specific focus on communication
- Coordinates schedules for architectural assignments after receiving general instructions and project scope from the Director of Architecture, Project Architect or Project Manager
- Coordinates activities of team engaged in refinement of the project documents and assists with information needed during preparation of construction drawings.
- Coordinates with project team and individuals assigned for client communication, design and production, and with construction management as needed
- Coordinates with the P.M. in responding to RFI’s during the bid process and construction process
- Coordinates and maintains project schedules from initial start up to hand-off to contractor/construction team, assuring all tasks are completed on time within the schedule as part of this scope
- Meets with clients, coordinates with consultants; meets and maintains relationships with suppliers/vendors, as well as develops relationships with new vendors as applicable
- Coordinate with Level project team to help create/assemble presentation materials for neighborhood workshops, public hearings, local board and commission meetings, etc.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college
- 2+ year’s relevant experience with demonstrated expertise; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with similar processes and workflow within an applicable industry, that allows for a relevant understanding of how an architecture firm operates
- Understanding of project management and how communication is used to effectively manage multi-person teams and collaborate with external design team members
- 5+ years progressive project management experience
- Computer skills and software expertise: Bluebeam, Microsoft Office suite, Gantt chart style scheduling
- Competencies for success:
- Fundamental understanding of basics of design process
- Stakeholder Focus; Team focused approach with customer satisfaction driven attitude
- Planning/ Organization; desire to build project management and execution skills
- Strategic and Critical Thinking; adapting strategy to changing conditions
- Leadership; Initiative, responsbility, flexibility, coaching and mentorship
- Acquiring new business through process and client service excellence
- Innovation; displays original thinking and creativity
- Quality and Quantity; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness meeting project goals
- Received: The President, Vice-President and/or Director of Architecture will provide general supervision and specify goals and areas of special concentration. The incumbent will act within the guidelines established and make decisions under the context of broad clearly defined goals and objectives in the performance of the duties. The incumbent will provide reports and updates on projects as requested. Progress will be evaluated periodically, in addition to annual review.
- Exercised: None.
[The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands, talk or hear; is frequently required to stand, walk; occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Position may require occasional after-hours work. Occasional travel may be required.*
*Business expenses are covered by a company credit card or reimbursed through a standard accounting system.
Your application has been successfully submitted.