This job is no longer accepting applications.
Level is a full-service architecture & interior design firm offering thoughtful, client-focused design services. Our diverse professional backgrounds allow us to provide a variety of services to our clients from Pre-Design to Post-Construction; overseeing projects from an initial idea to reality. We offer creative solutions to serve any scale project in both the Private and Public sectors, from small commercial renovations and tenant build-outs to large-scale institutional projects.
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Interior Designer is responsible for the research, planning, design and administration of interior design projects for clients. Working with the Project Architect or Director of Interior Design/Senior Interior Designer, the Interior Designer will consult with clients and coordinate with the design and construction team to ensure timely and profitable completion of all projects. A college degree and applicable experience are required for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Design and Development
- Creates interior architectural assignments after receiving general instructions and project scope from the client, coordinating with the Director of Interior Design/Senior Interior Designer and/or Director of Architecture
- Consults with client to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, colors, furniture and equipment, estimated costs, and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Develops project designs and plans using computer assisted design software and equipment
- Directs activities of team engaged in design and preparation of drawings, coordinates with the Director of Interior Design/Senior Interior Designer and/or Director of Architecture, & construction team as needed
- Prepares constructible and permit ready drawings for clients and building contractors
- Actively seeks new design and construction methods
- Works production of Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Document phases for interior architecture project scope; oversees construction phases of project as applicable
- Coordinates with project team and individuals assigned to marketing, client communication, drafting and production, and construction management
- Represents client and coordinates with the Director of Interior Design/Senior Interior Designer and/or
- Director of Architecture in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts
- Produces construction documents in alignment with applicable codes
- Coordinates and maintains project schedules; runs job meetings assuring all tasks are assigned and completed
- Meets with clients, coordinates with consultants; meets and maintains relationships with suppliers/vendors
- Works with the Director of Interior Design/Senior Interior Designer and/or Director of Architecture to administer construction contracts & conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction
- Reviews documents for quality control evaluations
- Ensures close-out documentation and project archives are completed
- Received: The Director of Interior Design/Senior Interior Designer and/or Director of Architecture will provide general supervision and specify goals and areas of special concentration. The incumbent will act independently and make autonomous decisions under the context of broad clearly defined goals and objectives in the performance of the duties. The incumbent will provide reports and updates on projects as requested. Progress will be evaluated periodically, in addition to annual review.
- Exercised: The incumbent will be responsible for day to day supervision of project teams as they relate to interior architecture and design project scope.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Interior Design from an accredited university/college
- 3+ year’s relevant experience with demonstrated expertise; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
- NCIDQ certification
- LEED AP Designation or Green Globes Professional
- Sustainability consulting and experience using LEED rating systems
- Understanding of furniture systems and how to incorporate coordination into a project
- 7+ years progressive commercial interior design, project management and leadership experience
- Computer Skills and Architectural Software Expertise: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit/BIM (training/refresh courses provided by Level), Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite
- Competencies for success:
- Demonstrated business acumen; demonstrated knowledge of market and competition, aligning work with goals, in-depth understating of basics of building systems
- Stakeholder Focus; Team focused approach with customer satisfaction driven attitude
- Planning/ Organization; Strong project management and execution skills
- Fiscal acumen with experience effectively administering a budget
- Strategic and Critical Thinking; adapting strategy to changing conditions
- Leadership; Initiative, responsbility, flexibility, coaching and mentorship
- Consultative Selling; Building rapport and establishing trust, acquiring new business, applying market knowledge
- Innovation; displays original thinking and creativity
- Quality and Quantity; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness meeting project goals
[The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands, talk or hear; is frequently required to stand, walk; occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Position may require occasional after-hours work. Occasional travel may be required.*
*Business expenses are covered by a company credit card or reimbursed through a standard accounting system.
Your application has been successfully submitted.