This job is no longer accepting applications.
Level is a full-service architecture & interior design firm offering thoughtful, client-focused design services. Our diverse professional backgrounds allow us to provide a variety of services to our clients from Pre-Design to Post-Construction; overseeing projects from an initial idea to reality. We offer creative solutions to serve any scale project in both the Private and Public sectors, from small commercial renovations and tenant build-outs to large-scale institutional projects.
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Graduate Architect is responsible for assisting with research, planning, design, and administration of building projects for clients. Functioning as a team member under the guidance of the Project Architect and/or Director Architecture, this position will consult with clients and coordinate with the design team to ensure timely and profitable completion of all projects. A college degree and applicable experience are required for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Design and Development
- Performs architectural assignments after receiving general instructions and project scope from the Director of Architecture, Project Architect, and client
- Consults with Project Architect and client to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, colors, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time
- Develops project designs and plans using computer-assisted design software and equipment
- Plans layouts of the project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Assists in the direction of activities of the team engaged in design and preparation of drawings
- With guidance, prepares constructible and permit ready drawings for clients and building contractors
- Actively seeks new design and construction methods
- Teams with Project Architect and Director during the production of Schematic Design, Design Development and
- Construction Document phases; oversees construction phases of the project with the direction given
- With guidance, coordinates with the project team and individuals assigned to marketing, client communication, drafting and production, and construction management
- Assists Project Architect and Director to represent a client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts
- Follows project schedules; attends job meetings with Project Architect and assists to make sure all tasks are assigned and completed
- Accompanies Project Architect to meet with clients, coordinates with consultants; meets and maintains relationships with suppliers/vendors
- Assists Project Architect to administer construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction, as directed by Project Architect
- Reviews documents for quality control evaluations
- Received: The Director of Architecture and/or Project Architect will provide general supervision and specify goals and areas of special concentration. The incumbent will act independently and make autonomous decisions under the context of broad, clearly defined goals and objectives in the performance of the duties. The incumbent will provide reports and updates on projects as requested. Progress will be evaluated periodically, in addition to annual review.
- Exercised: None.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university/college and 0-1 year’s relevant experience with demonstrated expertise; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
- LEED AP Designation
- 1-2 years progressive experience in commercial architectural design and construction and project management
- Computer Skills and Architectural Software Expertise: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit/BIM preferred (training provided), Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite
- Competencies for success:
- Basic understanding of aligning work with goals, basic understating of building systems
- Stakeholder Focus; Team focused approach with customer satisfaction driven attitude
- Planning/ Organization; Beginner project management and execution skills
- Desire to develop Strategic and Critical Thinking; adapting strategy to changing conditions
- Initiative, responsibility, flexibility, coaching and mentorship
- Innovation; displays original thinking and creativity
- Quality and Quantity; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards
[The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands, talk or hear; is frequently required to stand, walk; occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Position may require occasional after-hours work. Occasional travel may be required.*
*Business expenses are covered by a company credit card or reimbursed through a standard accounting system.
Your application has been successfully submitted.