Project Architects and Project Managers
This job is no longer accepting applications.
GWWO invites collaborative registered Project Architects and Project Managers with 5-10 years of experience to join our Baltimore-based practice specializing in the design of cultural and educational projects.
GWWO is a nationally recognized design firm specializing in cultural and educational projects with an emphasis on responsible design that is inspirational, evocative, and progressive. Our success lies within the collective talents and passion of our 60-person staff to continually push the bounds of design in service to our clients and communities.
The firm’s design excellence has been recognized with over 100 local, state, and national awards, including the 2021 and 2020 AIA Maryland Public Buildings of the Year. A selection of our most recent achievements includes Editor’s Pick for Best of Practice by the Architect’s Newspaper; ranking by ARCHITECT Magazine as a top firm in sustainability two years running; designation as a leading designer of museums, galleries, and cultural facilities by Building Design + Construction; and dozens of Best Places to Work awards. Based in Baltimore, Charm City’s incomparable character is part of our firm’s culture emphasized by our offices in the Stieff Silver building, a symbol of the city’s manufacturing heritage.
- Creativity and experience with high-quality design
- Understanding of construction documents, including technical specifications and document coordination
- Strong building technology and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with building codes
- Ability to work well within a team structure
- Superior interpersonal, graphic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Quality-minded and self-motivated
- Fluency with Office 365 software
- Physical requirements: Visual review of documents, typing, traversing construction sites on foot
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong design sense and demonstrated design abilities
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture
- Experience with cultural and/or educational projects
- LEED project experience
Benefits currently offered by GWWO include a 401(k) plan; profit-sharing plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance; pre-tax medical and child-care reimbursement plans; paid professional organization memberships and professional development opportunities; in-house educational seminars; free parking; generous vacation and absence policy; and thirteen paid holidays (including a week off between Christmas and New Year’s). GWWO is an equal opportunity employer.
Application: Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Award-winning, story-based architectural design firm specializing in cultural and educational facilities.