ARCHITECTURAL BIM COORDINATOR
This job is no longer accepting applications.
David M. Schwarz Architects (DMSAS) is a design firm that sees architecture as both a service and an art. The central tenet of our work is crafting sustainable, human-centered places in stewardship of our public realm; it is a philosophy we have studied and developed through our planning and design projects in urban environs since our founding. We established DMSAS in 1978 in Washington, DC, which is still the location of our sole design studio. The firm employs an architectural staff of 35.
Our project portfolio spans from single family homes to performing arts halls to town planning, and, as a design-oriented firm, our design technology needs are unique and present interesting challenges. We are seeking a full-time Architectural BIM Coordinator to work with our IT Manager and Design Technology Coordinator to expand our design technology capabilities and enhance our BIM efficiency. This position will provide the opportunity to materially impact large, complex, and exciting projects across the country.
- Review and update current office BIM standards and templates
- Create and manage office-wide and project-specific content
- Support project startup, including model setup and coordination with external collaborators
- Work within project teams on modeling, deliverables, and quality control
- Provide day-to-day Revit support for approximately 20 Revit users
- Develop and provide training for new users, advanced training for existing users, and encourage an environment of continual learning
- Stay informed on the state of the art in software and hardware advancements through self-guided research, networking, and conferences
- Work closely with the IT Manager and Design Technology Coordinator to evaluate hardware and software budgets, licensing, and purchasing, coordinate software deployment, and training efforts
- Take a leadership role on the office’s Design Technology Committee
- Experience (min. 3 years) in a BIM leadership role in a professional architecture or planning environment
- Demonstrated expertise in Revit modeling, management, and standards
- Experience incorporating GIS, point clouds, and other data
- Knowledge in other software including Rhino, Civil 3D, FormIt, SketchUp, Navisworks is desirable
- Experience in or desire to learn visual or traditional programming
- Strong teaching and coaching abilities
- Good understanding of the practice of architecture, project delivery, and construction methods
- Passion for a high level of design and presentation quality
Contact Derek Marks at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.