This job is no longer accepting applications.
A creative thinker and versatile team leader, the project director is the design, communication, and production hub for brick’s innovative and challenging projects. the right candidate thrives on design and technical execution in equal measure, leading, mentoring, and motivating the entire design team, and stewarding the details with a deep understanding of every phase of the design and construction process.
The project director understands the importance of exceptional client and consultant relationships, keeps projects running smoothly, and safeguards our clients’ financial investment as if it were their own. Great project directors overlay the broader project vision with the nitty-gritty: schedule, budget, site constraints, code requirements, and contract parameters. they understand the value of mentoring junior staff, giving voice to novel ideas, and delegating when appropriate, always with the understanding that every contribution to the project must meet brick’s rigorous standards for quality. Does designing and delivering a project that’s better than anyone imagined sound fun to you? Join brick and get ready to crush it!
- Bachelor's degree in architecture (master's degree preferred).
- Architect's license in the state of California is required.
- 7-10+ years of experience in an architecture office (internships not counted).
- Leadership in 3d and bim modeling (revit/sketchup)/coordination is required. sketchup / rhino / 3d max / lumion desired.
- Experience leading successful projects from concept through design detailing, code compliance, final documentation, and construction administration is required.
- Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team, and project delivery, including scope, scheduling, budget, and coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, av, landscape, and civil consultants.
- Ability to lead project teams and ensure efficient execution of all phases of work and an exceptional client experience.
- Oversee construction administration, including the processing of submittals, rfi’s, and substitution requests during construction.
- Maintain project manual and specifications.
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews.
- Project proposal writing (scope, fee, schedule) and business development efforts.
- Fluency with adobe creative suite.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Bluebeam revu.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Team oriented. Desire to work in a collaborative environment with design team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the u.s.
- Flexible paid time off
- 401(k) with safe harbor contribution
- Full medical, dental, & vision
- Life & disability
- Gym membership
- Continuing education & professional development
- Flexible work environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
brick. friendly, unconventional, can-do architects.