This job is no longer accepting applications.
brick is looking for a Project Architect. The candidate is a resourceful team leader and creative thinker, combined with practiced organizational skills. They are adept with technical, code, and sustainable design practices and exhibit strong design acumen. Experience includes projects from concept through design detailing, final documentation, and construction administration. Proficiency in 3D and BIM modeling (Revit/SketchUp)/coordination is required.
- Primary author of technical documents for complex projects.
- Lead technical coordination of project drawings and documents with all internal team members and design subconsultants.
- Regularly collaborate and meet with key stakeholders to ensure design goals are properly addressed in development of the documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects while meeting budget and schedule constraints.
- Build trust with clients via strategic and intentional decision-making.
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of rigor in the work of project teams.
- Mentor internal staff.
- Participate in initiatives to develop and enhance technical and design standards.
- Collaborate around activities that strengthen our company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture (master’s degree preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in an architecture office (internships not counted)
- Architect’s license in the State of California required
- Dexterity in technical detailing, coordination, and design skills
- Professional verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Proven ability to coordinate and direct in-house teams
- Skillful analytical thinking and problem solving
- Experience with preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications
- Robust knowledge of codes
- Solid planning skills
- Highly proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software (SketchUp/Rhino/3D Max)
- Fluent in Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- flexible paid time off
- 401(k) with safe harbor contribution
- full medical, dental, & vision
- life & disability
- continuing education & professional development
brick. thrives on great ideas and initiative. We work with capable, resourceful, adaptable people dedicated to happy clients, great design, a collaborative studio environment, and a healthy planet. We also use the latest design technology, demand technical rigor, and cultivate responsiveness and flexibility for projects and partnerships that last. We like coffee. and bikes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
brick. friendly, unconventional, can-do architects.