This job is no longer accepting applications.
brick is looking for a Job Captain. The candidate is tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and resourceful, demonstrating skill and ingenuity. They are abreast of current technical, code, and sustainable design practices. Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural project delivery. Dexterity in 3D and BIM modeling (Revit/SketchUp) is required.
- Meaningful role in the development of design documents for highly complex projects or a primary role in moderately complex projects.
- Lead small projects.
- Assist in design concepts and creating visualizations.
- Coordinate and manage tasks for project stakeholders.
- Work closely with senior staff to ensure the development of high-quality technical documents that meet schedule constraints.
- Coordinate with supervisors for guidance and proactive troubleshooting.
- Attend and document stakeholder meetings.
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of rigor in the work of project teams.
- Proactively implement firm-wide initiatives that develop and enhance technical and design standards.
- Mentor internal junior staff.
- Participate in activities that strengthen our company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture (master’s degree preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in an architecture office (internships not counted)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality documents
- Thorough understanding of architectural concepts, spatial relationships, and fundamental knowledge of building systems
- Professional verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Working knowledge of California building code
- Highly proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and other 3D modeling software (SketchUp/Rhino/3D Max)
- Fluent in Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency in Lumion is a plus
- Team-oriented, with a desire to work in a collaborative environment with design team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- flexible paid time off
- 401(k) with safe harbor contribution
- full medical, dental, & vision
- life & disability
- continuing education & professional development
brick. thrives on great ideas and initiative. We work with capable, resourceful, adaptable people dedicated to happy clients, great design, a collaborative studio environment, and a healthy planet. We also use the latest design technology, demand technical rigor, and cultivate responsiveness and flexibility for projects and partnerships that last. We like coffee. and bikes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
brick. friendly, unconventional, can-do architects.