This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cottage is solving housing affordability via an end-to-end platform for designing, financing and building Accessory Dwelling Units ("ADUs").
Recent regulatory changes have empowered homeowners to build new housing supply out of empty backyards, garages and basements. ADUs can be a great investment for homeowners, naturally affordable housing for renters, and steady work for local contractors. The COVID pandemic has only created additional urgency for many homeowners who need extra space for loved ones.
That’s not to say it’s easy to build an ADU today. Cottage was born out of the pain points we felt firsthand navigating the process -- from understanding municipal zoning codes, finding the right designers and contractors, to keeping a project on time and on budget.
Cottage is backed by top tier seed funds and proptech/fintech angel investors. The team are formerly early Uber operations, UberEats growth, WeWork design, and Opendoor expansion. Join us in tackling one of the biggest problems facing cities today.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious and motivated Operations Manager focused on project management to join our fast-paced operations and expansion team! This role is for someone who wants to be part of an exciting start-up, solving complicated challenges that touch everyday consumers.
As an Operations Manager, you are responsible for managing projects from design development to breaking ground for construction. You will be the bridge between designers, customers, city planners, and construction partners to ensure a smooth permit submission & approval experience. You will report directly to our Head of Operations and will support all aspects of the design and permitting process.
At this early stage of the business, you’ll learn how to design a streamlined operations process, become an expert in our products while building skills in presentation, communication, planning, and operations. You will develop lasting relationships with our city and builder partners.
What You’ll Do
- Project management -- lead multiple concurrent ADU projects from start to finish; managing cross functional stakeholders throughout the process.
- Permit submission -- compile all required documents in compliance with local planning and building codes to minimize permitting timelines.
- Permit monitoring -- ensure timelines are met by all parties involved and projects are delivered on time or ahead of schedule.
- Process design -- develop playbooks to automate workflows and increase efficiency throughout the process; design the future of operations at Cottage.
- Relationship development -- work with city officials to launch projects and build long-term relationships.
- Special projects -- collaborate with the founding team to help build Cottage from the ground up - make meaningful contributions to our business strategy, culture, and homeowner experience.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience in project management, architecture, construction, urban planning or operations in an early stage or high-growth tech environment
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for the details
- Hustle, ambition, and a competitive drive to hit and exceed goals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively - you’ll be managing multiple projects simultaneously
- An excitement to build new processes that grow and scale with Cottage
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous (but fun!) work environment
- Passion for real estate, architectural design, and home improvement!
- Competitive salary
- Early-stage employee equity — let’s build this rocketship together :)
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- A dynamic and passionate work environment — we're in it together and the sky's the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We take the stress out of planning, designing and building custom ADUs.