Senior Interior Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Olson Kundig is a Seattle-based design practice founded on the idea that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture, and people, and that inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on people’s lives. Led by five owners, the firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide-ranging as huts to high rises, homes—often for art collectors—to hospitality, cultural and civic projects, academic, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative production, urban design, and interior design
We are seeking a a dynamic Senior Interior Designer with a minimum of 8 years of post-bachelor degree professional experience with Luxury Single Family Residential.
Personal Attributes And Skills
- Minimum 8-10 years of post-bachelors degree professional experience
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Outstanding design sensibility and graphic ability
- Stellar organization skills
- Ability to efficiently manage a design team, client team, and operator team through all phases of a project
- Strong project delivery skill
- Technical proficiency:
- Smartsheets and/or Primavera
- InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Spec Software (i.e. Designer Pages, Spec Source, Spexx)
- Working knowledge of Rhino and/or Sketchup
- Ability to effectively communicate design vision to Firm Leadership and Client(s)
- Understanding of the complex client relationship of this type of work
- Actively participate in design discourse and critiques with the team.
- Lead development of design presentations to Principals, Partners, and Client, including overall content and graphics.
- Work across architecture and interiors departments to support a team structure that best supports this type of work
- Assist with marketing efforts in this sector
- Assist with the development of an internal quality control strategy for this sector
- Identify programs and necessary training to bolster interior skills
Pls note: Our recruiting system limits portfolios upto 9MB. If you try several times and the system does not send you a confirmation email, your resume and portfolio is not entered in our system
What can you expect from us?
- A creative work environment and colleagues who are collaborative, creative, and challenging
- Opportunity to grow professionally with excellent projects
- Check our culture page to learn about life at Olson Kundig
In addition to a dynamic and creative culture, Olson Kundig provides a generous benefits package that includes 16 days of paid time off, paid holidays, health plan, 401k match, bonuses, profit-sharing plans for qualified positions, a monthly travel subsidy for public transportation, and more.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.