This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Specifications Coordinator
Similar Recent professional or non-professional architecture graduate or current student, with 1 to 3 years architecture experience, or other responsible, non-architecture experience.
About Us M.Thrailkill.Architect is a dynamic and growing firm providing specification writing, product and materials research, and document review to architecture firms who desire a high level of collaborative, client interaction. Our design-centric mission is to provide architectural specifications and other project services. This involves regular collaborative design team engagement, which enlivens our consulting experience, strengthens and enriches our client relationships, and adds variety to our work experience.
Job Summary We are looking for a highly collaborative, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic Specifications Coordinator. The right applicant is passionate about contributing to our clients’ design and documentation process while gaining a foothold in the industry at an engaging and diverse company involved with a broad variety of projects and clients. Our Specifications Coordinators are recent architecture graduates who develop an open and engaging rapport with our team, regularly meet with our clients (virtually and in-person), maintain a high level of quality control and consistency in our work, and act as willing collaborators, avid learners, and strong technical resources to the rest of our office.
Why here? We’re involved in a much wider range of project types than most architecture firms, including multi-family housing and hospitality; primary, secondary and higher education; health care, laboratory and tech infrastructure; airport and train transportation; and civic and government projects. Very few firms are so broadly involved and working on so many projects.
Our office is directly engaged in exploring, evaluating and implementing the highest levels of sustainability, working closely with others in our region, the most advanced in the country. The specifications we develop for our clients’ projects lead the nation for healthy products, energy savings, environmental sensitivity, life-cycle assessment, and carbon capture.
As a Specifications Coordinator, you will meet directly with the project teams at our nationally known clients on a regular, often weekly, basis. Our clients’ award-winning projects are located throughout the Pacific Northwest, as well as California, New York, Northern Virginia, South Florida and various overseas regions.
We invest in our employees’ lives and capabilities, with a very comprehensive benefits package and full support of training, testing, and accreditation for architecture licensure as well as many design and construction industry memberships and certifications, including AIA, NCARB, LEED and CSI.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $23.50 - $28.50 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: All Staff are required to meet current vaccination standards (or be exempt). Remote working options available. Masking, distancing, and all best practices are in place to limit exposure.
- Assisting in the preparation of architectural specifications alongside our Specifications Assistants, under the direction of our Specifications Writers, and in collaboration with our architect-clients’ design teams; you will be working on three to eight projects simultaneously.
- Assisting with the review of clients’ project drawings and other documents to coordinate product and material requirements, annotations and acronyms, including the incorporation of client-specific standards, you’ll be directly involved in the specification production and editing process and the publishing of Project Manuals.
- Assisting with maintenance and improvement of our baseline specifications with the rest of our staff, including investigating best-practices, maximizing sustainability criteria, and improving coordination, you’ll participate in the assessment, improvement and updating process first-hand alongside other staff.
Compensation and Benefits
- Part or Full-time position; $23.50 to $28.50 per hour, based on experience and tenure; semi-annual performance bonuses; annual review and compensation adjustment ahead of industry-standard wages.
A very competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental and pregnancy leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid exams, licensure and certifications
- Paid time off, vacation and holidays
- Shared reimbursement for mass transit
- Paid volunteer and community time
- Matching retirement plan P
- Paid conference and education time
Required = 3; Preferred = 2; Encouraged = 1
- At least one previous work experience in an architecture or interior design office is encouraged; one to two years of part- or full-time work in such an office is preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction document drawing production is preferred; knowledge of specifications structure and function is encouraged; knowledge of product and finish selection process is encouraged.
- Previous experience with mixed-use, higher education, institutional and/ or government project types is encouraged.
Education and Professional
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Architecture (BA or BS in Architecture) is encouraged; a
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture (BArch or MArch) is preferred, or...
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Architecture (BA or BS in Architecture) is required; current enrollment in a Bachelor or Master of Architecture (BArch or MArch) is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, email and file management tools is required.
- Proficiency with mark-up and comment-tracking applications is preferred, including Adobe Acrobat Pro and Bluebeam Revu.
- Proficiency with online remote conferencing and team communication tools is required, including Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Skype for Business, etc.
- Proficiency with collaboration and file sharing tools is encouraged, including Smartsheet, Dropbox, Google Docs, Trello, Slack, Newforma, WeTransfer, etc.
If this role sounds like a great fit for you, and you possess the qualities, skills and capabilities we’re seeking, please connect with us through the job search app of your choice, or at info(at)mthrailkillarchitect.com.
Include " Specifications Coordinator position" in the subject line and attach PDF files of the following:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position
- Resume or CV
For a full list of positions available, please visit our website: http://www.mthrailkillarchitect.com/
M.Thrailkill.Architect will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications without regard to race, color, national origin or citizenship status, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
NOTICE: M.Thrailkill.Architect does not accept unsolicited candidate information from employment recruiters. Without a signed recruitment agreement, M.Thrailkill.Architect will not consider or agree to payment of a referral compensation or recruitment fee. In the event an employment recruiter submits candidate information without prior agreement, M.Thrailkill.Architect reserves the right to pursue and hire such candidate(s) without financial obligation to the employment recruiter. Unsolicited candidate information shall be considered property of M.Thrailkill.Architect.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Specifications, Estimating, Research, Documentation