This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you interested in joining a supportive culture within a global firm? Come build a rewarding career at Woods Bagot!
Woods Bagot is expanding its New York studio and seeking a Project Architect to ensure high quality design and efficient day to day management of projects. The Project Architect takes responsibility within and outside the Studio for the management of a project, including the management of staff, coordination of consultants and other resources involved in the project.
A successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, collaborative, and resourceful leader who excels in conceptualizing and translating ideas to exceptional design outcomes. The position is dedicated to helping clients achieve business value by applying tailored solutions with Woods Bagot’s research, design, and experience.
We believe that the exceptional contribution of all our people is the driver of our success. We offer competitive benefits and 401k.
- Plan the project design, delivery and financial strategy in conjunction with studio leadership and monitor performance against that plan
- Maintain regular contact with the client throughout the project
- Coordinate sub-consultants on the project to create innovative and efficient project design
- Review project correspondence, meeting notes and other data to keep fully informed on the project
- Prepare meeting notes and follow-up on the action items
- Assist in the mentoring and motivation of the assigned project team
- Coordinate with the studio management on the status of current and future resource requirements
- Guide the project design to meet local codes and regulations
- Participate in monthly work-in-progress reviews to ensure project timeline, invoicing, and budget are maintained
- Utilize Revit and BIM360 and other modern methods for model based reviews, design, presentation, and production
- Ensure that all project risks are identified and mitigated in coordination with studio leadership
- Ensure that the project is managed effectively and with foresight and to maximize profit within the context of other responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of GIG (Global Impact Group) initiatives for sustainability, wellness, and social impact throughout the project phases
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven record of project delivery, in a hands-on and supervisory capacity, on time and within budget
- Deep understanding of project delivery utilizing Revit, BIM360, design best practice, tools, techniques, market trends and product innovation.
- Understanding of generally applied procurement processes in the local market
- Proven track record of achieving results through influencing and relationship skills
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture Degree
- Licensed architect preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Minimum 8 years project experience
How to apply:
Please send one PDF file (maximum of 12 MB) including your cover letter, CV, and sample works to our Project Architect LinkedIn posting. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
- It is an essential requirement that applicants have the legal right to work in the US when applying for this position
- Applicants must be located in the New York Tri-State area
Inspiration. Innovation. Inclusiveness. We are Woods Bagot.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
At Woods Bagot, we are committed to creating an environment where the difference is celebrated, valued, and respected, practices are equitable, and our people feel like they belong. We accept that none of us is smarter than all of us. We believe building a diverse workforce is the foundation of creativity and innovative design – it is only by working together that we can realize the potential of our people, clients, and communities around us. Through our inclusive leadership and our truly global studio network of architects and designers, you will find your voice and have the support and flexibility required to bring your whole self to work and build an exceptional career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.