This job is no longer accepting applications.
WXY is an award-winning multi-disciplinary practice specializing in the realization of urban design, planning and architectural solutions in challenging contexts. Focused on innovative approaches to public space, structures and urban issues, the firm’s work engages both site-specific design and planning at multiple scales. The firm’s commissions are in collaboration with community-based, public authority, and private clients. WXY’s office is located in New York City.
The WXY team has a wide range of expertise and handles a great diversity of projects which creates a dynamic office environment where cross-disciplinary team work is essential.
This is a full-time, Architectural Designer position. The role requires an ability to handle a full range of design tasks from supporting conceptual design to assisting construction administration. The candidate should possess strong design skills, excellent visual communication skills, a good eye, and a strong technical aptitude for learning new tools and techniques.
The position will require the ability to take on aspects of a project independently and balance production tasks with coordination responsibilities. This position is an integral part of the WXY’s design process and requires close collaboration with the entire design team, office principals, consultants and clients. Construction documentation experience and Revit skills are essential. The position will require the ability to work independently and as part of an effective team.
At WXY we are looking for capable, enthusiastic, curious people who are willing to get involved in a range of project types and office initiatives and to form part of our dynamic, mission-driven, 45 person, international team.
- To support design development, construction drawings and construction administration (predominately in Revit)
- To support design with high quality graphic communication, drawings and 3D visualization
- To maintain an organized content workflow throughout production consistent with office procedures and standards
- To report directly to project leads and office Principals
- To ensure the timely completion of all design materials
- Strong design and representational skills
- Good understating of building systems and urban design concepts
- Strong awareness of contemporary design culture and technological innovations
- Revit proficiency in particular is a plus. Ability to use documentation and visualization tools including: AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, Maxwell.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new digital tools
- Excellent organizational skills and able to manage time effectively
- Able to take initiative in response to direction
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and a commitment to excellence
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Web-design and web-content management skills are an asset
Experience & Qualifications:
- Able to work in the USA and begin work immediately
- Fluent in English (excellent written and verbal skills)
- Professional degree in architecture
- 3-5 years professional architectural experience
- Construction documentation and Revit experience is critical
- Experience as Revit lead or high level of competency creating families, managing templates and overall workflow is an asset
- Experience coordinating consultant BIM models through all phases on an architectural project would be a plus
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and changes to the position duties may be required from time to time. There is a requirement for post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. WXY is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. WXY is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please email cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.