This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
Laney LA is a multidisciplinary architecture studio dedicated to collaborative craft and timeless design. The studio seeks to create work that speaks powerfully - sparking a dialogue between enduring architecture and its evolving environment. Moreover, as a place where diverse minds gather, Laney LA is committed to fostering both a critical discourse and a vibrant culture. With specialities in residential, commercial, and interior architecture, the studio has created a unique architectural process - one rooted in both experience and meaning.
The Design Associate role possesses four key responsibilities:
- Produce design options
- Execute project plans
- Ensure design intent and documentation quality on all deliverables from Concept through Construction Administration
- Coordinate client and consultant communication
If you do not meet the requirements listed below, we ask that you spare us the application.
Essential Job Functions: As Design Associate, an individual shall:
- Execute project work plans in accordance with fee, schedule, and man hour constraints designated by management
- Produce project design documents required for a complete set of Instruments of Service
- Redline and review the work of others
- Demonstrate mastery of code compliance
- Coordinate consultants, manage the scope of work, and develop optimal relationships with external vendors and consultants
- Support Senior Associate and Studio Director
We believe that a cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have outlined several items that define our studio culture.
Laney LA shares the following five core values.
- Designer’s Passion: We demand creative energy in all ventures
- Servant’s Heart: We embrace the art of service
- Rookie’s Advantage: We pursue a steep learning curve.
- Detective’s Curiosity: We demonstrate active listening.
- Warrior’s Spirit: We overcome obstacles with bravery
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 - 8 years of experience in high -end, residential, commercial, and interiors projects at all phases of design and construction.
- The ability to visually communicate design through drawings, diagrams, and details with expertise and precision.
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD, or a committed interest to learn and master it.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in architecture
- Experience with the full project lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and self- motivation
- Strong sense of urgency for meeting weekly deadlines
- Highly skilled technically
- Experience with putting together a drawing set.
- Punctual & organized
- Knowledge of California Residential Building Codes
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- 401(K) Plan with 4% match
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Sick leave
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Los Angeles architecture studio pursuing spatial experiences with a strong sense of meaning