This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
Laney LA is a multidisciplinary architecture studio dedicated to collaborative craft and timeless design. The studio seeks to create work that speaks powerfully - sparking a dialogue between enduring architecture and its evolving environment. Moreover, as a place where diverse minds gather, Laney LA is committed to fostering both a critical discourse and a vibrant culture. With specialities in residential, commercial, and interior architecture, the studio has created a unique architectural process - one rooted in both experience and meaning.
What We Are Looking For
The core accountability of this role is to design architectural deliverables for our world class projects and provide close support to a project architect.
In other words, this position requires a thorough understanding and appreciation for the design and life of a project, as well as an ability and inclination to serve project managers, consultants, and clients with high quality, efficient deliverables.
This position is not for those interested in working in an isolated environment with a limited set of specialized skills. This position is for those who already have great talent and want to elevate their skills by collaborating with an rockstar team and contributing to the expansion of an office.
If you do not meet the requirements listed below, we ask that you spare us the application.
Essential Job Functions
As a Designer, an individual shall:
- Produce specific design deliverables, primarily in the Construction Document & Administration phases
- Support project architects on multiple projects through all phases of design
- Visually communicate design through details, diagrams, and drawings with expertise and precision
- Assist with the production of technical drawings and deliverables
- Coordinate with vendors and consultants
- Delight clients through an efficient and highly visual process
- Design multiple iterations of tasteful and relevant options
We believe that a cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have outlined several items that define our studio culture.
Laney LA shares the following five core values.
- Designer’s Passion: We demonstrate creative energy in all ventures
- Servant’s Heart: We embrace the art of service
- Rookie’s Advantage: We pursue a steep learning curve.
- Detective’s Curiosity: We demonstrate active listening.
- Warrior’s Spirit: We overcome obstacles with bravery
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Architecture
- Strong sense of urgency for meeting weekly deadlines
- Deep working knowledge of ArchiCAD or a committed willingness to learn and master it
- Fluent in 3D modeling and Adobe Suite
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Ability to direct and produce photorealistic, high-quality renderings is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and self motivation
- Strong graphic communication skills
- Punctual and organized
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- 401(k) benefits
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Sick leave
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Los Angeles architecture studio pursuing spatial experiences with a strong sense of meaning