Account Manager / Senior Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CVG is a growing 17-person consultancy whose mission is to help small architecture firms become better businesses. Our clients are typically architecture firms with fewer than 20 people who engage with us in long-term contracts so that we can provide business advisory services in the areas of leadership, finance, HR, marketing, branding, business development, and operations. CVG has operated in a remote work environment since our firm’s founding in 2014. Our clients are located throughout the U.S.
CVG is seeking an Account Manager / Senior Consultant to join our team in providing consulting services directly to our design firm clients and to engage in business development activities for CVG itself. They will work closely with Rena Klein, FAIA, CVG’s VP of investment Partnerships, who manages the financial and operational resources for CVG’s 25+ clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as Account Manager to CVG Clients
- Conduct bi-weekly coaching and consulting meetings with CVG clients to discuss and advise on current and pressing issues.
- Help to develop our client firms’ annual financial and operational goals. Track and communicate progress towards goals on a quarterly basis.
- Act as an advisory CFO and COO. This includes analysis of financial data, operational systems, and organizational design of a firm.
- Discuss business development activities, accomplishments, and frustrations, and aid in setting up systems to track and support business development.
- Advise on staffing, hiring, position descriptions and listings, and provide high-level recruiting services.
- Participate in CVG Business Development activities
- Assist with the identification of, and outreach to, prospective client firms.
- Participate in initial video calls with potential clients.
- Conduct the financial and operational portions of the Business Assessment for potential clients.
- Help evaluate fit between CVG and potential clients.
- Present webinars and in-person seminars / workshops on areas of expertise.
This position provides a unique opportunity to contribute to CVG’s capacity to serve a steadily increasing number of small design firms. Due to our long-term contracts, the CVG team enjoys close relationships with our clients, who are fun, talented, and creative small business owners. Our close-knit team of CVG account managers, though virtual, communicates regularly as if we shared a physical office. This is a great opportunity for an experienced A/E leader who loves the architecture and design practice, and is looking to expand or transition their professional endeavors toward helping other design professionals build stronger organizations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years or more experience managing a small to mid-sized design firm
- Experience leading strategic planning processes
- Experience with operations in a design firm
- Experience or interest / aptitude in design firm financial management
- Experience hiring, firing and managing staff
- Experience in client management and service firms sales process
- Connected and knows people in the design and AIA communities
- Experienced seminar / webinar presenter with something to say
- Business training a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume and brief cover letter in pdf format. No calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CVG helps small architecture firms be better businesses.