Experienced Technical Architect
Studio Rick Joy is seeking a Technical Architect to assist and develop thoughtful design solutions on multiple projects throughout the US and abroad. As the Technical Architect your primary responsibility will be to help lead the detailed design development of projects through Contract Administration.
The ideal candidate would start October 2021 and have the following qualifications and experience:
- A desire to produce meaningful / thoughtful work and understand the studio’s design ethos.
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong technical and design capabilities.
- The desire and ability to collaborate with senior staff openly and effectively.
- Ability to serve as a technical resource and guide to intermediate and junior staff.
- Collaborate with project teams to establish, promote, and enforce architectural standards, policies, and procedures.
- Expertise in drafting and reviewing architectural drawings and reviewing shop and consultant drawings.
- A flexible and proactive approach to working in a collaborative environment as part of a team.
- Knowledge of conducting code research and reviews to ensure compliance.
- QA/QC knowledge.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite and other applicable applications.
- Legally authorized to work long-term in the United States.
This position can be in studio or remote with occasional visits to the studio as needed.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Technical Architect.’ Please limit attachments to 10MB.
Your application has been successfully submitted.