This job is no longer accepting applications.
BuildingWork is hiring for a Project Designer.
At BuildingWork we look to strategically grow our team with people who share our values of Respect, Teamwork, Curiosity, Engagement, Equity, and Excellence. The successful candidate has two to six years of experience in an architecture office and brings aspirations to grow with the firm, make a positive contribution to the communities we serve, and develop into a project architect or project manager within the studio.
Project Designers work directly with firm principals, project managers and project architects, assisting in project design, documentation, and delivery. Responsibilities for this position include project research, 3D modelling, visualization, feasibility studies, and the development of project documentation in SD, DD, CD, and CA phases. Familiarity with building codes, building systems, construction detailing, and a willingness to learn will lead to success in this position.
In the first three months you will:
- Develop familiarity with the firm’s design and documentation standards, software, systems, and processes
- Have one-on-one meetings with all members of the firm
- Meet with firm leaders to discuss your professional interests, skills, and goals
- Assist in design and documentation for one to two projects on the boards
Over time you will have opportunities to:
- Receive mentoring and participate in peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
- Collaborate on design teams to deliver creative, sustainable, and impactful projects
- Engage in professional development and training that lead towards licensure and project leadership opportunities
- Contribute energy, ideas, and expertise that help the firm grow and evolve
Qualifications for this position include:
- An accredited professional architecture degree (B.Arch. or M.Arch)
- English language proficiency (speaking a second language is a plus)
- Two years or more of professional architecture firm experience
- Experience working in BIM 3D design and documentation (ArchiCAD is a plus)
- A passion for adaptive reuse, historic preservation, sustainability, and community-focused design projects
In addition, candidates should have well-developed graphic, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively both in teams and independently. Candidates should be self-motivated and look forward to participating in a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a culture of learning and excellence.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $80,000 depending on experience.
We also offer a competitive benefits package to all team members that includes a creative and engaging studio environment, flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, four (4) weeks of paid time off, ten (10) paid holidays, a robust health insurance plan, AIA membership dues, and a 401k retirement savings plan with a 4.0% matching firm contribution.
BuildingWork is a ten to twelve-person architecture firm located in Seattle Washington. We specialize in the design of civic and community buildings, in adaptive reuse and historic preservation projects, and environmentally responsive, sustainable design practices.
Our clients are public agencies, not-for-profit organizations, local businesses, and private developers. Our project types include public libraries, educational spaces, creative office work places, multi-family residential, and community, arts, and culture spaces.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Kate Weiland, AIA.
In addition to submitting your cover letter, resume and work samples, please help us better get to know your skill set by answering the following questions:
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Seattle, Washington for this job?
- Do you speak English professionally?
- Do you have a valid Architecture License or are you currently pursuing licensure?
- How many years of professional architecture firm experience do you have?
- Do you currently possess an accredited professional architecture degree (B.Arch. or M.Arch)?
- How many years of ArchiCAD experience do you have?
BuildingWork is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply. Please see www.buildingwork.design for more information about our firm.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
architecture design preservation