Regional PR & Communications Leader - North America
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role can sit in New York, NY or San Francisco, CA
The Regional PR & Communications Leader - North America focuses on our Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco studios. Reporting to the Regional Studio Directors and Global Brand & Communications Leader, this individual is responsible for setting and executing the regional communications strategy, defining and consistently implementing key messages, media outreach and other communications functions for the studios as required. Excellent and proven writing, self-editing and communications skills are imperative. Experience in architecture or design is preferred.
As an in-house journalist and story collector integrated into the studio's culture, you will identify and write content for the region. You will enhance the perception of W-B's brand through events, publications and digital opportunities, and advocate for the firm's North American activities and strategic interests. You'll be regularly creating original content for both our external digital and internal news channels.
- Develop a close working relationship with Regional Marketing Managers. Business Development Leader, key Project Managers, and Sector Leaders by acting as the key liaison and support for external communications.
- Develop compelling and accurate written output for the region.
- Self-publish on Woods Bagot's external and internal channels
- Develop a close working relationship with Global Digital and Global Insights Leaders by acting as a critical liaison on relevant regional projects, people, initiatives, and events
- Assist with annual Marketing budget projections and spending oversight
- Provide marketing and strategic PR support for our major PFP and RFQ bides
- Attend internal meetings to be informed of studio events, project deliveries and milestones
- Develop social media posts
- Coordinate and assist with promotional launch events
PR and Media Relations
- Ensure that North American PR and Media content is aligned with the W-B strategy
- Develop communications plans for studio-specific projects, personnel, and news
- Identify opportunities to promote relevant international projects in the North American market
- Support the Global Studio in pitching international work to North American PR contacts
- Manage all PR activities for the region, including media relations. Identify stories in our Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York studios and pitch to appropriate journalists/publications. Coordinate internal and external approvals related to outreach, including photography, renderings and project narratives
- Identify and foster working relationships with target media.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant stakeholders through the project lifecycle; client, marketing/PR consultants etc
- Assist in planning and executing media events such as groundbreaking and topping off ceremonies and opening events
- Coordinate project videography & photoshoots
- Act as primary point of contact in response to press releases, events, awards and all general media enquiries
- Media appearance preparation and support for the W-B staff
- Develop messaging around sectors, projects and people
- Maintain media lists
- Track and measure marketing ROI and PR hits using Meltwater
- Author media summaries and send to the studios
- Prepare content and launch quarterly newsletters to promote W-B to clients and regional contacts
- Weekly interaction with the firm's Digital Leader, prioritizing the projects and events related to our North American studio's for woodsbagot.com and social media platforms
- Prepare social media captions
- Identify multi-media opportunities for the North American region
- Maintain speaking engagement calendar and manage speaking opportunities, white papers, abstracts and calls for speakers across the North American studios
- Work with leadership to identify pertinent speaking engagements, develop talking points and conduct training as needed
- Assist in creating speaker presentations
- Prioritize awards for design excellence, business productivity related to design environment and leadership in the profession
- Maintain awards calendar for North America and stay well ahead of deadlines
- Collaborate with design teams to prepare and submit award content on behalf of the San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York studios
- Experience working across all levels of talent and leadership
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects, simultaneous relationships and strict deadlines
- Exceptional writing and self-editing skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, PhotoShop)
- Experience working within a global structure, with colleagues in multiple time zones a plus
- Minimum 8 years of communications, public relations, journalism or publishing experience
- Knowledge of architecture and design is desired
- Comfort level with tracking services, analytics and reporting
- Some travel will be necessary
How to apply
Please send one PDF file with your cover letter and CV to our LinkedIn post. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will close on November 19, 2021. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
It is an essential requirement that applicants have the legal right to work in the US when applying for this position
Inspiration. Innovation. Inclusiveness. We are Woods Bagot.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
At Woods Bagot, we are committed to creating an environment where the difference is celebrated, valued, and respected, practices are equitable, and our people feel like they belong. We accept that none of us is smarter than all of us. We believe building a diverse workforce is the foundation of creativity and innovative design - it is only by working together that we can realize the potential of our people, clients, and communities around us. Through our inclusive leadership and our truly global studio network of architects and designers, you will find your voice and have the support and flexibility required to bring your whole self to work and build an exceptional career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.