Production Designer/Project Manager – Showcase your Skills, Make an Impact
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Want to be involved in projects from start to finish, work with great teams on meaningful projects, and contribute to the legacy of an award-winning design firm? We offer that, professional development, and much more.
HKP Architects is an award-winning firm located in Mount Vernon specializing in sustainable, educational, civic, affordable housing, hospitality, and residential design. Established in 1952, HKP has grown from a small-town general practice to a regionally recognized and respected firm known for service, quality, and civic engagement. We are currently a talented group of eight, looking to grow sustainably. Our culture fosters growth, collaboration, and personal job satisfaction. HKP is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values workplace diversity.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Production Designer/Project Manager to join our team and become part of a special group of community-minded, engaged designers. You will have the opportunity to work directly with Partners on projects, in larger teams, and on all aspects of project design, development, and construction administration.
- Typical Production Designer/Project Manager has 3-5 years of experience and is tracking hours towards licensure
- Typical Production Designer /Project Manager starting annual salary ranges from $53,000 - $55,000 + benefits, depending on experience, skill level, and ability to self-direct. Additional benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 3 weeks paid PTO; which increases with tenure
- Matching 401-K Plan
- Annual Continuing Education Stipend
- Annual Technology Training
- Paid AIA Membership
Production Designer/Project Manager work directly with the Partners, Project Architects, and Project Managers to initiate, develop, and execute a wide variety of project types and scales, support marketing efforts, support office-wide initiatives, develop office procedure improvements, and help grow all aspects of HKP services. Other opportunities and responsibilities include:
- Work with project teams to produce necessary documents at all phases of design and construction administration
- Conduct field surveys to confirm as-built conditions; convert into 3-D models
- Attend client meetings for programming, design, and construction administration. Support projects with meeting minutes and follow-up assignments/tasks
- Maintain project files, both electronically and physically
- Support project teams during construction administration by attending site visits, producing minutes, reviewing submittals
- Archive project files
- Supports development of proposals, award applications, and various other submittals
Required Professional Skills
- Knowledgeable about Design Phase and Contract Document sets, including Specifications
- Knowledge of Construction Administration processes
- Knowledge of Code and Zoning requirements, and how to research them
- Knowledge of sustainable and universal design principles
- Comfort with presenting ideas to internal teams, clients, and contractors
- Able to quickly learn and utilize multiple technologies related to project documentation and marketing (renderings)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with clear direction
- Able to work with other project staff in a positive, collaborative manner
- Open and honest communications
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and manage multiple, diverse, and complex tasks
- Ability to pitch in and assist on any level of task when the work calls for it
Required Technical Skills
- Revit (including BIM360)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator specifically)
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Sketchup, Rhino, other modeling tools
- Enscape, other rending tools
- Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, other Project Scheduling programs
- ProCore, E-Builder, other Project Management platforms
- Adobe Acrobat
- Energy Modeling software
Why Should You Apply?
- You care about sustainability and community-oriented projects
- You want an opportunity to grow and develop a broad base of skills quickly
- You are interested in being an integral part of a growing and expanding practice
- You want to join a great group of designers and community-oriented individuals
- You have a desire to add your specific and unique skills to our team
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sustainability is our passion!