Intermediate Architect / Job Captain
mossArchitects is seeking a creative, inquisitive, and proactive architect to join our growing team.
- Collaborative participation in the design process through ideas, visuals, and final presentations.
- Completing design and technical construction documents, involving material research, selection, and detailing.
- Assistance with permitting and construction administration processes.
- Coordination with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Involvement in general office operations.
- A passion for good design and the urban environment.
- Proficient visual graphic skills for conveying design ideas. Experience in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Rhino or equivalent 3D modeling and rendering software.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to work effectively on multiple projects of varying scales and complexity at different phases of delivery.
- Experience resolving technical and design issues.
- General knowledge of building codes, standards, and building structure.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in an architecture firm.
- Architecture Licensure optional but encouraged and supported.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability to commute to our Pittsburgh office or willing to relocate.
mossArchitects is a full-service architecture, interior and urban design firm located in the Garfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. Our physical office is open, however flexible working conditions are supported.
Our studio culture is one where each employee feels empowered to contribute to a project’s design and continuous learning is valued. Although we specialize in hospitality, residential, and office projects - we work with a wide variety of clients, all of whom share our belief that good design matters. We listen to and work alongside our clients, consulting engineers, local artists, contractors, and craftsmen to ensure the built environment exceeds expectations.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Applicants should submit a resume and sample portfolio in PDF format to Katie LaForest at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.