Advanced Architectural Designer
Selldorf Architects is a 70-person architectural design practice founded by Annabelle Selldorf in New York City in 1988. The firm creates public and private spaces that manifest a clear and modern sensibility to enduring impact. Since its inception the firm’s guiding principles have been deeply rooted in humanism. At every scale and for every condition, Selldorf Architects designs for the individual experience. As a result, its work is brought to life–and made complete–by those who use it. The firm offers services in architectural design, interior design, exhibition design, master planning, landscape concepts and strategic planning.
Selldorf Architects is seeking a creative, focused, and passionate individual who demonstrates a keen interest in working in a team environment on sophisticated and complex project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Works from drawings and designs of others to prepare architectural drawings and renderings to present to the partners, clients, and public agencies.
- Innovates and creates with a strong conceptual design ability and integrates interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move forward the design of a portion of a project.
- Demonstrates an intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques. Able to develop technical strategies and effectively uses appropriate tools to design and document at all project phases.
- Manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with periodic interaction and direction from project leaders
- Works closely with intermediate and senior level staff for review of their work for design integrity, accuracy, precision, clarity and quality.
- Performs design computations and conducts research while consulting with specialists for assistance in document preparation.
- Uses Selldorf Architect’s established techniques, procedures and equipment to prepare and/ or correct construction documents, presentation drawings and architectural models.
- May inspect architectural features of structures in the field against construction documents.
- Committed to learning about the field of architecture and design and incorporating the knowledge into day to day business practices, while sharing knowledge with less experienced staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture required.
- 3 to 6 years of architectural-related experience required. Prior architectural experience will be considered relative to compensation.
- Must have solid conceptual and design process skills and good problem-solving abilities.
- Revit and AutoCAD proficiency required. Demonstrated experience using 3-D modeling programs including Rhino and Revit/Enscape as well as other graphic and rendering software.
- Ability to communicate via hand sketching required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, visually, orally and in writing with the project team and consultant in a timely and effectively manner.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and precision and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, commitment, setting an example for others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Occasional Domestic travel may be requested.
- Selldorf Architects offer a work/life balance
- The firm focuses on the professional growth of every individual
- We are a focused and dedicated group that brings passion and integrity to our work
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and portfolio as a single PDF, no larger than 3 MB to: email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.