Selldorf Architects is an international architecture and interior design firm based in Union Square. The firm’s portfolio encompasses a wide range of projects from high-end residential to museums and galleries and at scales from new construction to historic renovation. The firm is currently seeking a Project Architect for full-time employment.
This is a fully competent professional architect who is responsible for the development and delivery of the drawing set. They manage the day to day assignments for architectural staff on their team and review their work. They are responsible for the coordination of construction documents and consultants. They manage Construction Administration. They regularly meet with the Project Manager and alert them of coordination issues that would impact design, schedule or the overall successful completion of the project. Depending on the scale, complexity and schedule of the project they will work on more than one project at a time. They contribute to firm-wide objectives to improve the quality of drawings and procedures. They guide and mentor architectural staff.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Interprets design objectives, in coordination with the Project Manager and Partner-in-charge, and translates them into workable construction systems; maintains quality technical and design control.
- Supervises and mentors assigned staff in Selldorf Architect’s established techniques and standards to prepare Construction Documents, presentation drawings, architectural models and project written documentation
- Works closely with the Project Manager to ensure project team is adhering to schedule
- Communicates regularly with consultants and team members to ensure documents are coordinated; identifies issues that affect design and works closely with the Project Manager to propose solutions.
- Primary contact for Contractor and Consultant team
- May communicate with client as directed by Project Manager on project details
- Prepares weekly project updates for the Client and the Principal and Partners
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of design materials and construction documents throughout the design and construction phases of the projects
- Responsible for ensuring that records of client/architect/consultant/contractor relationships and activities are maintained
- Actively contributes to firm wide efforts to increase technical consistency and design efficiencies
- Guides and mentors architectural staff
SUMMARY OF TASKS: (OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Participates in all aspects of Construction Administration, including site observation; manages contractor submittals and RFIs.
- Oversees production of Department of Building Filing Set
- Conducts zoning and building regulation studies
- Determines project designs conform to building codes
- Directs and mentors Architectural staff in the preparation of design and technical documents
- Prepares Meeting Minutes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture required.
- 8+ years architectural related experience typical.
- Architectural License desired.
- Must have solid conceptual and design process skills and good problem solving abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of construction standards and codes, materials and building systems.
- Experience using AutoCad and REVIT is required. Experience using 3-D modeling programs desirable.
- Ability to communicate via hand sketching expected.
- Supervisory and management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using excellent drawing skills and various software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and precision and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, commitment, setting an example for others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Occasional Domestic or International travel may be required.
- Ability to meet with clients on and off-site.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and portfolio as a single PDF, no larger than 3 MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.