Selldorf Architects is an international architecture and interior design firm based in Union Square. The firm’s portfolio encompasses a wide range of projects from high-end residential to museums and galleries and at scales from new construction to historic renovation. The firm is currently seeking an Interior Designer for full-time employment.
We are seeking a candidate with a sophisticated sense of design, color, and materials. Critical to this aptitude is an ability to work with clients and colleagues toward furthering the aesthetic quality and character of Selldorf Architects Interiors.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to design and manage multiple projects, in a vigorous and dedicated environment.
- Design and propose suitable interior esthetics for review by the interior manager, principal, and clients for projects ranging from high-end residential to museums.
- Design furniture layouts and select all furniture and fabric items for internal and client approval.
- Provide management supervision for purchase orders
- Entering all purchase proposals and orders, (using Studio Designer software) while following the order from start to install.
- Generate invoices for custom-made furniture as well as purchases made on behalf of clients
- Liaison for, and with, vendors and clients.
- Communicate with a broad array of participants and stakeholders
- Develop budgets for interior design projects.
- Coordinate and supervise deliveries to clients
- Provide an overview of existing inventory for possible sales to clients.
- Work with Vica furniture, our associated furniture company, to ensure appropriate integration of this product within our projects.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or a related discipline required.
- At least 4-5 years experience in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field
- A design sensibility commensurate with the development of sophisticated interiors
- Business and management acumen is essential
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment, yet independently when required.
- Reasonable knowledge and appreciation of art history, architecture, and the decorative arts
- Knowledge of furniture and its value in the marketplace as well as furniture sources and resources
- Must have solid conceptual and design process skills and good problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD is required. Experience using 3-D modeling programs such as Rhino is desirable.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Studio Designer software necessary
- Ability to communicate via hand sketching expected.
- Ability to effectively create high-quality presentations and communicate concepts to the interior manager, principal, and clients
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and precision and with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, commitment
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio in a single PDF to email@example.com with “Interior Designer” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.