This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you interested in joining a supportive culture within a global firm?
Come build a rewarding career at Woods Bagot!
Woods Bagot is seeking a Designer to expand its New York practice. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of achieving results through influencing and relationship skills.
This role will lead moderately sized projects and/or lead aspects of larger more complex projects, performing various architectural assignments that require the application of architectural techniques to execute a design and requisite deliverables, including:
- Conducts original research into architectural methodologies and materials, engineering and environmental systems
- Under the guidance of project principal, design innovative architectural concepts in direct response to unique user, programmatic, environmental and cultural contexts through the integration of leading-edge planning, engineering, interiors, and other required systems.
- Defines and develops functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time
- Assist project principal or project manager with the coordination of the project design and project team
- Responsible for the effective communication and coordination of the design intent to clients, consultants contractors, and others during various stages of project development
- Prepares and reviews design documents, construction documents, shop drawings, and materials for compliance with design intent and program requirements and compliance with the requisite authorities and codes.
- Develops design drawings, such as plans, sections, elevations and models using hand drawings as well as advanced BIM and 3D software
- Solves complex problems in connection with the architectural design of projects through the integration of building simulation and research to optimize building performance
- Assists in development of local office standards, policies, and procedures
- Guides and encourages the development of other staff
- Perform other related duties as required
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Five or more years of experience and responsibilities in all phases of architecture
- Substantial experience in the innovative design of complex, large-scale, multi-use urban projects in the US and abroad.
- Specific experience and expertise in global benchmark projects in the commercial, hospitality, transportation, and/or residential sectors
- High level skills and experience in conceptual design phases and instigation of projects including high quality design research, sketching, illustration and rendering abilities
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques, and costs
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of general architectural practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of achieving results through influencing and relationship skills
- Professional degree in Architecture (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree)
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- On the path to licensure or licensed professional preferred
- Expertise in advanced 3D software and programming including Revit, 3DS Max, Rhino 3D, Vray Mental Ray, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and After Effects to visualize, manipulate and compile complex geometries
How to apply
Please send one PDF file (maximum of 10 MB) including your cover letter, CV, and sample works to our LinkedIn post. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will close on 24 September 2021. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
- It is an essential requirement that applicants have the legal right to work in the US when applying for this position
- Applicants must be located in the New York Tri-State area
Inspiration. Innovation. Inclusiveness. We are Woods Bagot.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
At Woods Bagot, we are committed to creating an environment where the difference is celebrated, valued, and respected, practices are equitable, and our people feel like they belong. We accept that none of us is smarter than all of us. We believe building a diverse workforce is the foundation of creativity and innovative design - it is only by working together that we can realize the potential of our people, clients, and communities around us. Through our inclusive leadership and our truly global studio network of architects and designers, you will find your voice and have the support and flexibility required to bring your whole self to work and build an exceptional career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.