Architect - Residential
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dattner Architects is a New York City firm known for design excellence and civic engagement. Our work focuses on civic spaces and the urban experience. We transform environments and strengthen communities through engaged collaboration, thoughtful programming, and creative design. Our designs for transit, schools, libraries, housing, healthcare, parks and recreation facilities, and police and fire stations enrich the urban fabric with distinctive, innovative, and inspiring buildings—positively impacting communities.
We are seeking a talented Architect to join our residential studio. The selected candidate will be a key member of the project team during all phases of project development, from design presentation through construction administration. This hands-on role will include developing design options, producing interior and exterior detailing, and insuring drawing coordination for urban housing developments in the New York City.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture Degree
- 5-8 years’ professional experience
- Architectural Registration preferred
- Experience with NYC residential projects, specifically affordable housing
- Interest in sustainability
- Outstanding design and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, including knowledge of NYC zoning and building code, Construction Set development, and detailing ability
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Articulate, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Revit
- Functional knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3d Studio Max, and/or Rhino
- Authorization to work in the US
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Portfolios should include examples of personal/academic and professional work and be limited to 10 MB.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Dattner Architects is a mission-driven firm. We transform environments and strengthen communities through engaged collaboration, thoughtful programmin...