Director of Finance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Diller Scofidio Renfro "DS+R" is seeking a dynamic leader to join our Studio as Director of Finance. Reporting directly to the Studio’s Partners, the Director of Finance is responsible for managing all functions of the finance department. Occupying a central role to the Studio, the Director of Finance also works closely with the Director of Operations and the Director of Human Resources, as well as Project Managers.
The Director of Finance will drive business efficiency, monitor operating results and the achievement of financial goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, managing the financial statements, reporting, profitability analysis and risk management.
- Oversight of all Finance and Accounting functions, including AP and AR consisting of various complexities.
- Oversight of project billing, performance monitoring and reporting in close coordination with Project Leaders.
- Oversight and reporting of cash flows, projections, budgeting.
- Review of Contracts, Agreements, ASRs, and close coordination with Project Leaders, to keep financial projections, billings and expenses current.
- Oversight and Coordination with external CPA of tax filings and various audits/reviews.
- Coordination of Payroll processing with Human Resources.
- Operational duties include legal, insurance, government compliance, corporate filings.
- Other ad hoc duties include special reporting requests and general coordination with all departments across the Studio.
- Research and advise on current and future real estate decisions.
- Oversight of finance staff.
- Serving as system administrator for accounting software and maintaining chart of accounts.
- Research and advising partners on financial liabilities and opportunities.
- Records management.
- Knowledge of and experience with duties assigned above required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years in a similar role .
- Must have experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction or Design industries. This is a requirement for this position.
- Knowledge of various corporate structures desired as well as international experience.
- Financial planning & analysis experience required.
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize required.
- Ability to apply experience and judgment to be able to make sound recommendations required.
- Ability to clearly communicate with Partners/clients/staff/vendors and others who do not possess a financial background required.
- Knowledge of Deltek Ajera preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel a must.
- Extreme attention and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must embody professionalism, teamwork and authenticity at all times.
The need is immediate. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “ Finance Director.” Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. DS+R offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Life and 401K.
DS+R is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about Diller Scofidio + Renfro — visit http://dsrny.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.