Interior Design Project Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Interior Designer (minimum 2 years experience)
We are seeking an experienced residential interior designer who has a strong ability to develop interior architecture, and confidence in specifying residential materials and fixtures for high-end custom homes. You must have strong communication and organizational skills, both internally and with clients. Working under the supervision of the Interior Design Director, you will be in charge of providing design and project management for homes generally ranging from 3,000-8,000 sf in the greater San Francisco Bay and Monterey Bay Area. You’ll also be in charge of upholding our shining client service standards and producing creative and holistic designs that unify the architecture and interiors.
What You Will Do
- 3D modeling in both Sketchup and ArchiCAD, and 2D drafting in AutoCAD under supervision of Interior Design Director.
- Space planning and developing custom design concepts under the supervision of the Interior Design Director.
- Producing drawings for architectural construction documents. This includes lighting layouts, reflected ceiling plans, and coordinating between CAD and Sketchup.
- Collaborating and coordinating with the architectural team.
- Managing and assisting with interior schedules, selecting finishes and fixtures under supervision of Interior Design Director.
- Managing our design assistants and drafters to assist on projects. This includes quote requests for plumbing, appliances, doors and windows, etc as well as data entry for interior schedules.
- Coordinating and assisting applicable architectural consultants as needed for the project.
- Attending and assisting with design presentations to clients.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for clients throughout the life of the project.
- Responding to submittals and RFI’s for current projects under construction.
- Representing the firm at milestone job site visits throughout the interior construction process.
- Assisting with and hosting client showroom visits.
- Managing drafters for interior construction documentation. QC’ing deliverables and ensuring design details are properly documented.
- Minimum 2 years experience in residential interior design
- Minimum education is a BA/BS in Interior Design
- Legally allowed to work in US
- Proficiency in Sketchup and Layout, ArchiCAD, and AutoCad, Google suite and Adobe Design Suite
- Detail oriented, eager to learn, and able to work within deadlines
- Possess and exude dynamic energy, passion and enthusiasm
- Confidence in managing clients, vendors and the team to keep projects moving
- Ability to stay focused and organized between multiple projects
- Understanding of residential materials and fixtures
- Proficient in putting together and QC’ing construction documents, including detailed elevations and construction details.
- Ability to read and understand floor plans, elevations, and sections expertly.
- Comfortable asking questions for clarity, and reaching out to the Interior Design Director with progress or setbacks.
- Ability to provide feedback on how to improve system and procedures when opportunities arise, and take initiative to make positive change.
Life at Studio S Squared--Who We Are
Studio S Squared is an architecture and interior design firm specializing in custom homes with unique design character. We are a growing team of collaborative designers working together to create beautiful designs and exceptional client service.
Studio S Squared is a top 25 firm by annual gross revenue per the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and the #1 Architect in California on Houzz.com.
Our Core Values
- We find joy in our work and in our lives outside of work
- We strive for excellence in all we do
- We are always open to learning, improving and growing
- We listen to our clients and to each other throughout the creative process
- We work together as a team to achieve success for our clients
- We seek to create lasting value and impact in the world around us
Perks with S2 Employment
- We don’t work beyond our 40 hours per week, see core values above!
- 401k matching
- Annual reviews and quarterly incentive compensation bonuses
- A nurturing, friendly, and training-focused culture
- A collaborative work environment where everyone’s opinion matters
- After initial 12 months, up to 15 personal days off each year
Interested candidates should send cover letters, resumes, and portfolios to email@example.com.
Any email without a resume and portfolio will not be considered. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.