This job is no longer accepting applications.
Olson Kundig is a Seattle-based design practice founded on the idea that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture, and people. Inspiring surroundings positively affect people’s lives. Led by five owners, the firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide-ranging as huts to high rises, homes—often for art collectors—to academic, cultural, and civic projects, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative production, urban design, and interior design.
Currently, we are seeking a BIM Specialist/Coordinator/Project BIM lead who has the experience and demonstrated proficiency in the use of BIM (Revit) in delivering projects. Applicants should be either licensed Architects or unlicensed designers.
- Minimum 5+ years of post-bachelors degree Architecture firm experience.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or another related field.
- Self-starter prepared to take initiative to get things done
- Meticulous, well organized, clear thinker with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated expertise with Autodesk Revit, and related software and add-ins, with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience using the software.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Rhino.
- Experience coordinating digital design models with consultants and/or contractors
Nice to have –
- Experience at all project phases - Programming, SD, DD, CDs, Fabrication
- Experience with different project types and sectors - Residential, Commercial/Institutional, Hospitality, Exhibit, etc.
- Integrating BIM with Project Delivery, drawing sets, standardization, integration
- Understanding of specification integration (Materials, Assemblies, Tagging)
- Experience of BIM as a deliverable, at minimum, understand the direction of the industry – model as deliverable.
- Dynamo/Grasshopper or other programming skills, and find applicable uses for those tools in the work we do
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) and CAD/CAM workflows.
- Prepare project BIM execution plans and project-specific training documentation.
- Set agenda and run BIM kick-off meetings with the internal and consultant team.
- Train project teams on BIM needs and protocols specific to the office, and their project.
- Coordinate and manage BIM project data sets/workflow and project setup.
- Communicate effectively and offer cross-team support.
- Set up linked models and coordinate models across disciplines.
- Daily model management administration and maintenance.
- Understand and execute client-specific BIM standards
- Manage and coordinate sensitive and confidential information.
- The position is fully billable, the BIM Coordinator will be embedded within project teams.
- Act as liaison between project teams and office BIM Manager.
- Highly collaborative by nature, with the willingness to approach every project with creativity.
- Detail and task-oriented with a passion for excellence.
- Proactive and dynamic in their skills and leadership.
Pls note: Our recruiting system limits portfolios up to 9MB. If you try several times and the system does not send you a confirmation email, your resume and portfolio is not entered in our system.
Please compress your file, or upload your resume and then you can email the portfolio later.
In addition to a dynamic and creative culture, Olson Kundig provides a generous benefits package that includes 16 days of paid time off, paid holidays, health plan, 401k match, bonuses, profit-sharing plans for qualified positions, a monthly travel subsidy for public transportation, and more.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.