MONTALBA ARCHITECTS, INC., is a design-focused and high-service architectural practice based in Santa Monica, California with a satellite office in Lausanne, Switzerland. We work with a wide range of local and international clients and our body of work consists of private residences, hospitality, commercial and high-end retail projects.
Our LA office is centered within the Bergamot Station Art campus in Santa Monica amongst art galleries and the Metro Expo line station. We have a studio-like atmosphere where individuals can focus, inspire and learn from each other. We are seeking individuals that are excited for challenges and dedicated to crafting great projects together.
- Completion of BArch or MArch Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in an Architectural office
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas verbally and visually
- Organized, precise and attentive to detail
- Enjoys a collaborative team environment and mentoring junior staff
- Flexible and well-rounded to adapt to project requirements and deadlines
- Proactive about solving problems and learning
- Ability to look ahead and prioritize the work towards milestones
- Passionate about doing great work and eager to grow in your career
- Strong project management skills (Project Manager or Job Captain experience is preferred)
- Strong production skills in Construction Documents (Must include CD drawing samples in submission. Technical detailing and Revit drawing set experience is preferred.)
- Experience in preparing architectural presentations
- Ability to lead a collaborative design effort with clients, consultants and the internal team
- Manage project schedules and deliverables
- Must be proficient in Autocad, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suites (Revit and Enscape is a plus)
- Familiar with building and zoning codes and obtaining agency approvals in the United States
- Experience in Construction Administration is a plus
This is a full time salaried position. We provide a competitive salary and generous benefits package. We support growth within the office and encourage professional development.
No phone calls please. Apply by emailing us at email@example.com and add 'Architect II' in the email subject. Limit file size to 10MB. Montalba Architects will review all submitted work and contact selected candidates for interviews. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that we are unable to respond to all applicants. Thank you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.