This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you interested in joining a supportive culture within a global firm? Come build a rewarding career at Woods Bagot!
Woods Bagot is seeking a Junior Designer to expand its New York practice. The successful candidate will participate in the design process and learning the nuts and bolts of project delivery from the team.
We believe that the exceptional contribution of all our people is the driver of our success. We offer competitive benefits and 401k.
You will assist the project team in the design and delivery of projects across multiple sectors, performing a variety of basic architectural assignments including:
- Prepare, produce and present detailed architectural drawings, design proposals, and specifications as appropriate for project delivery with an emphasis on design and technical details
- Design innovative architectural concepts in direct response to unique user, programmatic, environmental, and cultural contexts through the integration of leading-edge planning, engineering, interiors, and other required systems
- Define and develop functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and prepare information regarding the design and technical documentation
- Consult and assist contractors, consultants, interior designers, and other professionals with project coordination and problems
- Communicate design intent effectively to the design team, contractors, and consultants
- Report to and keep supervisors apprised of the status of and any issues with the project
- Support projects across the studio and assist with project workflows
- Contribute to design ideas and research
- Perform other related duties as required
You will be able to demonstrate:
- One or more years of experience (or equivalent) in all phases of architecture
- Interest in the innovative approach to creating design solutions
- Ability to work on different project types and to meet unique challenges and responsibilities of working in a design team
- Collaborative skills and capable of working independently to self-educate in unknown or unfamiliar areas of practice
- Balance teamwork with self-direction and work ethic
- Attention to details, self-motivated, energetic, organized, and willing to learn and adapt
- Clear and strong graphic and communication skills
- Motivated to perform duties and tasks effectively and efficiently, with the ability to identify, understand, process, and solve complex problems
- High-degree of drive and initiative for professional development
- A passion for design excellence and commitment to timely delivery of project deadlines
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, and Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Enscape and Grasshopper experience preferred
How to apply:
Please send one PDF file (maximum of 12 MB) including your cover letter, CV, and sample works to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Junior Designer”. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will close on June 18, 2021. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
- It is an essential requirement that applicants have the legal right to work in the US when applying for this position
- Applicants must be located in the New York Tri-State area
Inspiration. Innovation. Inclusiveness. We are Woods Bagot.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
At Woods Bagot, we are committed to creating an environment where the difference is celebrated, valued, and respected, practices are equitable, and our people feel like they belong. We accept that none of us is smarter than all of us. We believe building a diverse workforce is the foundation of creativity and innovative design – it is only by working together that we can realize the potential of our people, clients, and communities around us. Through our inclusive leadership and our truly global studio network of architects and designers, you will find your voice and have the support and flexibility required to bring your whole self to work and build an exceptional career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.