Allied Works is a 40-person architecture and design practice with offices in Portland, Oregon, and New York City. Guided by principles of craft and innovation, Allied Works creates designs that inspire, resonate with their place and purpose, and provide new insight into their surrounding physical and cultural contexts.
Allied Works is widely recognized for our civic and cultural projects, among them the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver, the National Music Centre in Calgary and the National Veterans Memorial Museum in Columbus, Ohio. We’ve also designed a range of residences, offices, commercial projects and creative workspaces, including the Wieden+Kennedy World Headquarters in Portland and Pixar Animation Studios in California. Recent works include Eleven Madison Park, a three Michelin starred restaurant in New York; “Uniqlo City”, the international headquarters of Fast Retailing in Tokyo; and the US Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique. Our creative output is not limited to buildings, however; we regularly design and produce a wide range of artifacts, including exhibitions and site installations, custom furniture and decorative arts pieces, as well as diverse publications and printed matter.
We are a community of makers, friends, peers that share a passion for design, and equally, the advancement of our social and environmental well-being. Allied Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to the values of Inclusion and Community. Learn more about us at www.alliedworks.com and @alliedworks.
We are looking for experienced and exceptional Project Architects in Portland, who are comfortable with demanding deadlines, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and seek to work on a team that is committed and focused creating beautiful, moving, and meaningful work. Additionally, candidates should possess:
- A degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- 7+ years professional work experience through all phases of design, documentation and construction administration Strong interpersonal spoken and written skills
- Proven track record in managing projects and people
- Experience with start-to-finish design and construction on institutional, cultural and high-end residential projects Proficiencies in VectorWorks, REVIT, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suites preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental benefits (4 tiers to choose from)
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off
- FSA opportunities
- 401k retirement savings
- Ability to work from home or remotely
- Bonus opportunities
- Opportunities for growth
Please send resumes and work sample attachments (no links, please) to email@example.com with ‘Project Architect —Portland’ in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.