Allied Works is a 40-person architecture and design practice with offices in Portland, Oregon, and New York City. Guided by principles of craft and innovation, Allied Works creates designs that inspire, resonate with their place and purpose, and provide new insight into their surrounding physical and cultural contexts.
Allied Works is widely recognized for our civic and cultural projects, among them the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver, the National Music Centre in Calgary and the National Veterans Memorial Museum in Columbus, Ohio. We’ve also designed a range of residences, offices, commercial projects and creative workspaces, including the Wieden+Kennedy World Headquarters in Portland and Pixar Animation Studios in California. Recent works include Eleven Madison Park, a three Michelin starred restaurant in New York; “Uniqlo City”, the international headquarters of Fast Retailing in Tokyo; and the US Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique. Our creative output is not limited to buildings, however; we regularly design and produce a wide range of artifacts, including exhibitions and site installations, custom furniture and decorative arts pieces, as well as diverse publications and printed matter.
We are a community of makers, friends, peers that share a passion for design, and equally, the advancement of our social and environmental well-being. Allied Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to the values of Inclusion and Community. Learn more about us at www.alliedworks.com and @alliedworks.
We are currently seeking articulate and strategically minded Project Managers in Portland office. The right candidate has a commitment to design excellence and a proven history of success in the craft of building. Project Managers work closely with our Principals-in-Charge and Project Architects and will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of projects to ensure the highest quality of work while meeting the client's expectations for function, aesthetics, schedule and budget.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 7-10 years of professional work experience through all phases of design, including delivery of built projects
- Sophisticated design background with ability to ensure continuity and delivery of design intent
- Highly developed communication skills, specifically with clients and complex client teams
- Superior leadership skills, strategic thinking, and team management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing budgets, contracts, and fees
- Highly skilled in developing detailed project schedules and coordinating the design team and consultants to deliver project milestone packages on time
- Experience with codes, Building Departments, Review Boards, and other regulatory agencies
- Understanding of materials, construction processes, systems, and methodologies
- Proficiency in REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental benefits (4 tiers to choose from)
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off
- FSA programs
- 401k retirement savings
- Ability to work from home or remotely
- Bonus opportunities
- Opportunities for growth
Please send resumes and work sample attachments (no links, please) to email@example.com with ‘Project Manager— Portland’ in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.