This job is no longer accepting applications.
Allied Works is a 40-person architecture and design practice with offices in Portland, Oregon, and New York City. Guided by principles of craft and innovation, Allied Works creates designs that inspire, resonate with their place and purpose, and provide new insight into their surrounding physical and cultural contexts.
Allied Works is widely recognized for our civic and cultural projects, among them the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver, the National Music Centre in Calgary and the National Veterans Memorial Museum in Columbus, Ohio. We’ve also designed a range of residences, offices, commercial projects and creative workspaces, including the Wieden+Kennedy World Headquarters in Portland and Pixar Animation Studios in California. Recent works include Eleven Madison Park, a three Michelin starred restaurant in New York; “Uniqlo City”, the international headquarters of Fast Retailing in Tokyo; and the US Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique. Our creative output is not limited to buildings, however; we regularly design and produce a wide range of artifacts, including exhibitions and site installations, custom furniture and decorative arts pieces, as well as diverse publications and printed matter.
We are a community of makers, friends, peers that share a passion for design, and equally, the advancement of our social and environmental well-being. Allied Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to the values of Inclusion and Community. Learn more about us at www.alliedworks.com and @alliedworks.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Junior Designer in Portland, OR, who is comfortable with demanding deadlines, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and seeks to join a team that is committed to the creation of beautiful, moving, and meaningful work. Additionally, candidates should possess:
- A degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- 0-3 years of professional work experience
- Strong interpersonal spoken and written skills
- Exceptional concept design abilities represented with iterative models, diagrams, architectural drawings and renderings
- Ability to execute exceptional presentation deliverables within tight schedules
- Familiarity working with various tools and medium to create physical models, 2d drawings and representation materials (VectorWorks, Photoshop, etc.), 3D digital models and renderings (Rhino, Maxwell, Enscape, etc), presentations materials (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental benefits (4 tiers to choose from)
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off
- FSA plan options
- 401k retirement savings
- Ability to work from home or remotely
- Bonus opportunities
- Opportunities for growth
Please send resumes and work sample attachments (no links, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Junior Designer— Portland’ in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.