Senior Environmental Performance Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
KPF is seeking a Senior Environmental Performance Analyst, passionate about sustainable design, to join the Environmental Performance (KPFep) team in NYC and bring their expertise to the design of high performance buildings. KPFep is a specialized team within KPF focused on environmental design, building performance simulation, and tool development.
The ideal candidate for this position will work directly with KPFep Director, managing the implementation of sustainability strategies in ongoing projects and leading firm wide initiatives to advance KPF’s climate commitments. They will work closely with designers, providing design advice and performance modeling support. They will also participate in the oversight of LEED, WELL or other certifications for projects, and directly manage sustainability efforts through all project phases. In particular, they will be tasked to expand current energy and carbon modeling capabilities, by leading the development of early design energy modeling workflows to be deployed firm wide. This critical effort will support KPF’s goal to design carbon neutral buildings by 2030. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with other technology teams (e.g. Urban Interface, Data Science), and contribute to a broad range of research and educational pursuits.
Project Design and Coordination (60%)
• Lead the development of design concepts and metrics for KPF projects, regarding sustainability, resilience, and wellbeing, working with KPF design teams
• Coordinate the implementation of said concepts from early design to construction, managing yours and other KPFep members work and resources
• Work with KPF project teams to integrate performance simulation into design
• Prepare, run and interpret analysis and simulations for: Daylight access, thermal performance and comfort, energy use, embodied carbon, and water demand
• Develop presentation materials to communicate building performance and sustainable design concepts to KPF design teams, consultants and clients
• Manage and support the certification (LEED, WELL, CGBL) of projects
Firmwide Resources and Training (20%)
• Develop training sessions and resources for junior and senior KPF design staff
• Lead the implementation of energy benchmarking, modeling and tracking firm wide workflows, in the context of KPF’s AIA2030 commitments
Development and Innovation (20%)
• Participate in the research and development of new environmental modeling and design workflows for KPFep, in particular regarding LCA and energy modeling
• Represent KPFep at professional and academic conferences
• Professional Degree in Architecture or Engineering
• Master’s Degree with focus on Sustainable Design, Building Science or Engineering
• 3 to 5 years of applicable professional experience in environmental design
• Knowledge of fundamentals in building technology and environmental modeling
• Proficiency and professional experience with Rhino/GH, and related environmental simulation tools, including at least DIVA and Ladybug tools (LB, HB, BF, etc.)
• Proficiency and professional experience with full building energy modeling
• Strong experience with the management of projects and team resources
• Good communication skills to collaborate with designers, partners and clients
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks and work towards deadlines
• LEED and/or WELL accreditation (Valued but not required)
• Proficiency developing C# and/or Python applications (Valued but not required)
• Experience with LCA, HVAC, or water systems modeling (Valued but not required)
Your application has been successfully submitted.