This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ajemian Design is architecture firm located in New York, the Hamptons and and the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Recognized for our creative solutions to a wide range of architectural challenges, excellent rapport with clients, and well-prepared construction documents, our projects are sourced mostly by referral and ongoing relationships. We enjoy a steady stream of design work on a variety of small to mid-sized projects, mostly of a high-end residential nature.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Architect with impeccable design sense who is outgoing, detail oriented, organized and will work well with our team. The Associate Architect will be responsible for supporting the Principal of the firm in managing our schematic design through construction documentation as well as managing the execution of the project in the field. Balancing team work with self-direction, the candidate will be required to communicate design intent effectively to the design team, contractors and craftspeople. Successful applicants will be attentive to detail, well-organized and willing to constantly learn and adapt. Applicants must live in the Hamptons or near Charlottesville, Virgina, have a minimum of two continuous years of work experience in high-end residential design and demonstrate proficiency in AutoCAD and 3D modeling software.
- Manage high-profile projects through construction
- Assist with the preparation of scopes of work, requests for proposals, and project schedules;
- Lead coordination meetings with outside sub contractors/engineers during design phases;
- Be the primary contact with consultants, vendors and clients throughout design development, construction documentation & construction administration phases
- Ensure all project team members are aware of their role and responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan
- Assist the Principal Architect with the creative direction related to the planning and design of all projects
- Conduct design presentations and provide Client feedback;
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture
- Two (2+) years post-graduate related experience with a focus on high-end residential architecture and interiors
- Proficiency in local building codes and ADA regulations
- Experience managing consultants
- Demonstrated professionalism dealing with clients, consultants and vendor
- In depth understanding of flow, layout and space planning
- Ability to research, brainstorm, sketch, model - both physical and computer, and collaborate
- Prior experience with construction documentation
- Demonstrated ability to perform construction administration duties
- Licensure is a plus but not required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Excellent organization, problem solving, and negotiating skills
Please submit one pdf document that includes a cover letter, resume, references, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please show work that demonstrates your range of skills and how your experience can add value to the firm. The cover letter should include your availability and salary requirement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.