This job is no longer accepting applications.
Workstead, an award-winning, multidisciplinary design firm, has an opening in our Interiors Studio for a creative & motivated designer to join our team. Working with and under the direction of a Senior Designer & Project Manager, this individual will play a key role in the execution of accurate, developed drawings, renderings, and images for presentation, coordination, and construction
Candidates should have at least 2 years’ experience in interiors, and exhibit strong design skills and the ability to contribute to a fast-paced, creative office. They will be responsible for developing design concepts working through the creative & development phases of projects to provide the highest quality of design & service to our clients.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Participating in design charrettes to develop and communicate design ideas through sketching, drawing, and modeling
- Production of Concept, Schematic, & Design Development drawings, sketches, perspectives, renderings, and presentations, including finish and material samples boards and graphic presentations
- Production of Schematic, Design Development, and Construction Document Level documentation including schedules & specifications as required.
- Source & refine finishes and materials including fabrics, trims, lighting & electrical fixtures, plumbing fittings & fixtures, accessories, and other items required for the execution of the project’s design vision.
- Develop & source physical models and mockups.
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an architectural or interior design firm
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop & Indesign, and SketchUp.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design process, furniture specifications, and products and materials.
- Location in New York City, and ability to travel outside of the New York area on a regular basis
We are proud to offer competitive benefits and resources to help employees achieve physical, financial. and emotional well-being. We value our team, and this is one way we support our employees.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AAD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Auto, home, and pet insurance
- Merchant discount program
Please submit your resume, portfolio / work samples, & cover letter to email@example.com
- Please title your email (your name) | Junior Designer | Application
- Please include your cover letter in the body of your email
- Please include your resume & portfolio as an attached PDF
- Links to dropbox / google drive are acceptable, but please keep file sizes to a minimum to accommodate easy sharing
Your application has been successfully submitted.